Looking for tech to work on Quad Eight PSU, 500 series stuff, possibly more....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdurango

Looking for someone to do this PSU justice. I will replace the lytic caps because that's easy, but I'd like someone who's an expert in linear PSU's to go through it and do whatever they think should be done. It's an oldie that came with a Quad Eight console. I may use it for a GML 8302 preamp instead, so of course it needs to be rock solid and healthy.

Since it's old, I don't see any over voltage or current protection. Not sure if this is necessary, but I'm fine with any "mods" deemed appropriate, since I believe it's a custom PSU anyway (although probably a "stock" regulated linear circuit).

I don't have schems, but it looks pretty simple. Looking for someone with reasonable rates as we're on a very tight budget.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1McNscpC3LB4XiOA9KkuJYtMQDW8_yZzV?usp=sharing

Also have a couple 500 series modules (should be able to source schems) that need some love, a Hamptone tube pre (again, schems should be available) that MAY need work (going to try obvious stuff, replace tubes first).

Could ship this stuff out if that works. Maybe someone with lotsa extra time due to pandemic? Again, need someone that won't break the bank. I own a recording studio, can probably provide more business in the future. Thanks!

Hey there,

I do vintage audio maintenance out of Brooklyn, NY. Not sure where you're located but I'd be happy to talk about the project a bit before doing any shipping/billing. Shoot me an email: [email protected]

Also - just a suggestion. I think this post might be better suited to the "For Hire" section

Back