blockchain voting?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its a good idea and would probably work in practice without much problem. BUT there is a privacy problem, because any type of paper trail presents a vulnerability.  Anything that may induce fear in a voter wouldn't be good, philosophically.  But without discussing new ideas, no progress will be made, so the discussion is a net positive.

I find it remarkable that people who should know better are talking about changing the voting process literally weeks away from the election.  This is a massive logistical problem that can not be executed quickly while maintaining the integrity of our votes.

I have already seen articles stating that printing plants do not have the capacity to print that many ballots in a timely fashion.  The post office needs weeks to guarantee even first class mail delivery, and states mail in legislation require postmarked mail (one state sent out postage free return mailers, that don't get cancelled with dated postmarks).  ::)

The vote is supervised by each individual state so they can literally do whatever they want (by passing new laws) while state governors do not have the authority to make changes by executive order (they can try, but there are already thousands of lawyers licking their chops to stir this up). 

Mail-in ballots have been used for a long time and they already have their share of issues, but generally if the voters must request mail in ballots in advance the vote integrity is preserved.  Trying to expand this to mailing ballots to all registered voters is a train wreck waiting to happen. (The post office wouldn't even deliver my official census form to me, I do not trust them with ballots).

Trying to switch to this now without adequate preparation seems like an unintentional (?) Cloward-Piven strategy to overload the electoral system and create chaos. If the vote is not finalized by next Jan it ends up back in the congress to sort out and we know how well they work together.  :eek:

Of course maybe I'm wrong.... It seems interesting that the house can't find time to negotiate continued unemployment payments, but could hold a special Saturday session in the middle of August to rush through a USPS special funding bill. The post office already has cash on hand and a credit line, a huge new pile of cash will not magically make universal mail in voting work. Maybe by the next election cycle years away.  President Trump was typically trolling the opposition when he suggested starving the post office. For a rare change they believed him when he said that, and remarkably passed special USPS funding legislation, to make an obvious political statement. 

JR

PS: This must be a wonderful time to be an anarchist when you have useful fools in congress helping promote chaos.

JohnRoberts said:
President Trump was typically trolling the opposition when he suggested starving the post office. For a rare change they believed him when he said that, and remarkably passed special USPS funding legislation, to make an obvious political statement. 

JR

PS: This must be a wonderful time to be an anarchist when you have useful fools in congress helping promote chaos.
Remember when I said I was going to remind you whenever you took a political dump on an otherwise benign thread? Well ... you're doing it again JR.

squarewave said:
Remember when I said I was going to remind you whenever you took a political dump on an otherwise benign thread? Well ... you're doing it again JR.
Should I remember? Be concerned?

Since I started the thread about voting it seems on topic and timely.

You are welcome to share your observations, please stick to policy and things, not criticizing me personally (maybe you should remember that?). 

JR

Latest posts

Back