Napa valley fires

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

Just read about the Napa valley fires in the morning newspaper. Hope any group members in the affected  area are safe and well.

Cheers

Ian

We have fires in the southern part of the state as well.
it's one of the four season in california fire, mudslide, earthquake and protest.

Our recent fires are in a couple of spots outside of los angeles, but close enough to see, smell, and inhale smoke.
Both were started by homeless encampments and one of the two was started because 2 x homeless got into a fight and one tried to burn the other guy.  not only did he not burn him, he instead burned a lot of dry brush.  It's pretty dry this time of year and lots of dead vegetation(grass, trees, etc) so the simplest thing and up in smoke it goes.
I hope our  diy members up north are o.k.
Down here we are holding our own.

We're under an evacuation watch here (Janesville) - Sheep Fire of the North Complex, 41k acres. Mandatory evacuations all around, and the fire about 5 miles away. Got the suitcase packed and cat carriers ready. Hopefully not too windy today.

One of the lightening strikes appears to be very near Lake Berryessa so hopefully that will act as a barrier to the spread of that one. When I was working I spent quite a bit of time around Santa Rosa so I know the area quite well. Beautiful place.

Cheers

Ian

Good luck to all our friends in the area.

I have a niece living up there and she claims the air quality is quite bad from the smoke...

Some areas that are burning haven't burned for 100 years so probably plenty of combustable fuel. Napa had serious fires just a few years ago.

JR

Latest posts

Back