• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Big NOS transistor surplus

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echoplex

Hi guys,

I'm clearing my stock. For sale is a big batch of NOS transistors. I haven't counted them but I'd say its somewhere between 300-500 pieces. 98% of them are new and unused. Just a very tiny amount has been used and unsoldered but did still work when I did so.
There's many germanium transistors and other rare pieces in here. I don't have a list and won't make one.
Hence the cheap price.. sold as on the pictures. Some are packed and labelled but the majority is just one big pile.

SOLD

Without a list or a rough list no one will pay even half of the amount you're asking.
I'm just informing you so you don't have illusions of selling them

Whoops said:
Without a list or a rough list no one will pay even half of the amount you're asking.
I'm just informing you so you don't have illusions of selling them

Okay, thanks for letting me know.
Maybe I asked to much.. feel free to make me any offer, everybody.

iampoor1 said:
At least list the valuable and rare ones.

Yes a list is needed, otherwise no one will buy anything.

How many times do you pay for something that you don't know what it is?
Never

It's ridiculous

No one wants 500 transistors they can't use, that's called trash

Whoops said:
It's ridiculous

No one wants 500 transistors they can't use, that's called trash

For gods sake.. who hurt you?
Why so offensive and negative?
You don't have to buy anything off me..

The lot of trannies has just been sold to a very kind forum member!
Please close this thread

Glad you found a buyer!  Don't worry about the self-appointed GDIY police, that's just how forums are sometimes, and certain vigilantes have a LOT of opinions that they feel the forum really needs to hear.  Just look around at some other posts, you'll see what I'm talking about.  Congrats on the sale.  And it feels like it needs to be said -- one man's trash is another man's treasure.  Kind of the whole point of the Black Market...

JMan said:
Glad you found a buyer!  Don't worry about the self-appointed GDIY police, that's just how forums are sometimes, and certain vigilantes have a LOT of opinions that they feel the forum really needs to hear.  Just look around at some other posts, you'll see what I'm talking about.  Congrats on the sale.  And it feels like it needs to be said -- one man's trash is another man's treasure.  Kind of the whole point of the Black Market...

Thanks man ! :) Couldn't have said it better.. I just felt very offended when the other guy called my ad "trash" ..
Those were a bunch of new, unused NOS trannies.. not what I would call trash.
I didn't have the time to make a list so I thought I'd offer them cheap.
But yeah as you said: "one man's trash is another man's treasure"
Great quote.. happy to see some nice and kind people are still around here :)
xx

Whoops said:
How many times do you pay for something that you don't know what it is?
Never

I beg to differ.  I often buy electronics parts lots where the photos show only a portion of the contents.  I only bid what I think would be a great price for the visible elements, and hope that there is more "good stuff" hidden.  I have rarely been disappointed!  The last lot I scored included some ADC audio transformers that were not shown in the photos  8)

Back