Potato Cakes

Source or CAD drawing for U87/U67 bodies
« on: August 28, 2020, 01:52:40 PM »
Does anyone have a good source for mic bodies/donors for U87/U67 builds? Chunger usually has them but he's been out of stock for a while. I am also interested in having some made, but I don't have the CAD skills needed to draw it up. Is there a mechanical drawing available for this instantly recognizable classic mic body design?

Thanks!

Paul

Moby

Re: Source or CAD drawing for U87/U67 bodies
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 12:06:49 PM »
Does anyone have a good source for mic bodies/donors for U87/U67 builds? Chunger usually has them but he's been out of stock for a while. I am also interested in having some made, but I don't have the CAD skills needed to draw it up. Is there a mechanical drawing available for this instantly recognizable classic mic body design?

Thanks!

Paul
I think it's time to learn CAD . People don't share those designs because it takes hours and hours to draw and make it right. 
For microphone transformers,  BV.8,  Bv.11,  Bv.12, etc.. contact me at mobyelectronics at gmail dot com

Potato Cakes

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 12:41:10 PM »
I think it's time to learn CAD . People don't share those designs because it takes hours and hours to draw and make it right.

Or it is time to find someone to hire. Learning CAD is going to happen anytime soon as I am too invested in time and money on other things.

My thinking is that since there are so many old schematics, layouts, and mechanical drawings that are public domain, I thought it was possible, albeit unlikely, to also find a drawing of mic body dimensions.

Thanks!

Paul

RuudNL

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 02:52:57 PM »
Ask Neumann...  ;D
There is a solution for every problem!

http://www.vansteenisaudio.nl

Moby

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 04:32:40 PM »
Or it is time to find someone to hire. Learning CAD is going to happen anytime soon as I am too invested in time and money on other things.

My thinking is that since there are so many old schematics, layouts, and mechanical drawings that are public domain, I thought it was possible, albeit unlikely, to also find a drawing of mic body dimensions.

Thanks!

Paul
I use Solidworks for all of my designs (bobbins, enclosures, and other mechanical parts I need) and it takes some time to learn, but Youtube has  a lot of tutorials when you need a help.  It's possible to learn it in a month. Trust me :)
For microphone transformers,  BV.8,  Bv.11,  Bv.12, etc.. contact me at mobyelectronics at gmail dot com