Yamaha e1005 delay

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldenGeek

Hello :) I am in the process of fixing an old Yamaha e1005 analog delay that is acting up in a lot of weird ways. Does someone have the service manual for this one? I have found the service manual for e1010 but not e1005. Unfortunately I managed to bump the voltage selector from 230V to 110V when fiddling around and I think I burned the transformer (primary), so i need to find a replacement for that as well. I think, according to the user manual, that the secondary is a 15-0-15 plus another  8v, but the user manual is overly simplified.

goldenGeek said:
Hello :) I am in the process of fixing an old Yamaha e1005 analog delay that is acting up in a lot of weird ways. Does someone have the service manual for this one? I have found the service manual for e1010 but not e1005. Unfortunately I managed to bump the voltage selector from 230V to 110V when fiddling around and I think I burned the transformer (primary), so i need to find a replacement for that as well. I think, according to the user manual, that the secondary is a 15-0-15 plus another  8v, but the user manual is overly simplified.
you may have killed more than the transformer as that would double transformer secondary voltages.

If you are lucky the innards are not fried.

Good luck

JR

PS: old analog delays probably used matshushita (panasonic) BBDs identify which part and look at it's data sheet.

I finally found the service manual online and with the help of two "new" donor transformers and some new capacitors it is back alive.

Latest posts

Back