Looking for Deltalab effectron ADM 1024 service info. Not a mk II

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Flinn

Hello folks

I'm looking for circuit diagram/service info for a sick Deltalab effectron ADM 1024.    This is not a mk II version but must be an earlier mk1.    I have the MKII diagram & the resistors are different values.

I've worked on a few of these over the years and I've never seen two the same internally, even with the same front panel. I've also only ever seen the Series II schematics. The one I still own had all sorts of strange issues and they all gradually went away as I replaced the electrolytics.

NOON said:
I've worked on a few of these over the years and I've never seen two the same internally, even with the same front panel. I've also only ever seen the Series II schematics. The one I still own had all sorts of strange issues and they all gradually went away as I replaced the electrolytics.

Thanks, that's useful to know.  The current problem(s) are that the level meters are full on all the time, and the mix meter only outputs a signal when in the mid position. Turning it in either direction turns the signal off.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

One tip I can pass on is that the output mix pots )in fact, all the pots) have a tendency to fail and they're the first thing I look at when I have one on the bench

Nick Froome

Rob Flinn said:
Thanks, that's useful to know.  The current problem(s) are that the level meters are full on all the time, and the mix meter only outputs a signal when in the mid position. Turning it in either direction turns the signal off.
+1 on bad pot speculation...

JR

Pip said:
The memory battery may have failed.

It doesn't really present a problem if it has. I've only seen memory batteries on the ADM series, not on the Effectrons, and it just backs up presets

Most of the problems I've seen with these are broken pots

I have an Effectron page on my website:

https://www.bn1studio.co.uk/hail-the-effectron/

Nick Froome

Back