triad-orbit mic clips

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Not sure where to put this, hell I am not even sure if I mentioned this before, I may have but things have been a blur lately.

Anyway, Have you guys seen or tried out the traid-orbit  quick release mic clips.

They do the same job as the typical  standard atlas quick release clips found  in studios, but are built  and function  in a manor way different than before. IMO it's way better. We just tried them out for the first time recently at the studio and boy was it something. I highly recommend...

Here is an example of what I am talking about and they also sell a 6 pack of them for 100.00 bucks. Not bad at all.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IORA--triad-orbit-io-ra-retrofit-quick-change-coupler-aluminum

We have them at the studio I work out of, after my recommendation. They’re great!

It’s kind of like patchbays... It has to be all or not at all, and it’s a committed investment. When you have around 100 mics to choose from, it adds up quickly.

The only real problem is having enough room in the case or bag to have it attached while storing.

If we had the space, all mics would be stored wall-mounted with these quick-locks, all mics upright in their shock mounts, and plastic covers on them. However, don’t have the space and I don’t know if that would do a number on the shockmount elastic?

Recording Engineer said:
We have them at the studio I work out of, after my recommendation. They’re great!

It’s kind of like patchbays... It has to be all or not at all, and it’s a committed investment. When you have around 100 mics to choose from, it adds up quickly.

The only real problem is having enough room in the case or bag to have it attached while storing.

If we had the space, all mics would be stored wall-mounted with these quick-locks, all mics upright in their shock mounts, and plastic covers on them. However, don’t have the space and I don’t know if that would do a number on the shockmount elastic?

Yes. Luckily we are converting over. We have over 100 vintage mics that I would be crushed if they got damaged.  So switching over.

Back