Outside Buckingham Palace on September 13th 2001

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston OBoogie

This is the only time in history that another country's national anthem has been played outside Buckingham Palace, apart from during state visits.  It is very moving:

https://youtu.be/xwrX-LN9-L0

ruffrecords said:
That's what the special relationship is all about.

Yes Sir.

John Donne said it much better than I ever could:

"any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind"

Much love to our American friends ...   

Winston O'Boogie said:
John Donne said it much better than I ever could:

"any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind"

Wow, thanks for that. Been going down the You Tube philosophy  rabbit hole lately, and those words tied a couple loose ends up nicely.

We really should have more philosophical debate around here. If done right, an individuals political view may make more sense to the opposition. I think most people have the same idea about good, evil, right and wrong etc. Find the shared empathy. Start there and move into social policies to that end. Seems rational, but I'm probably wrong... :-X

bluebird said:
Been going down the You Tube philosophy  rabbit hole lately

:)  I go down that one too.  Currently bing(e)ing on  'Timeline - World History' docs though. 

bluebird said:
Find the shared empathy. Start there and move into social policies to that end. Seems rational, but I'm probably wrong... :-X

I don't think you're wrong at all.    I know I could do a whole lot better in that regard.    Onwards and upwards...

Hope you and yours are safe over there, I'm seeing some horrific images of the fires!

Back