How despicable.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

2 x l.a. sheriff Officers were shot in cold blood on Saturday. The act itself was heinous. While it has made the news and I hope they catch the perpetrator, I have found it despicable that people would actually show up to the hospital that the officers are fighting for their life and protest saying that they deserve to die.  Worse is the jackholes on Facebook and elsewhere. There is a special place for such assholes.  Sadly I know a few of them  due to the industry and I refuse to hear such shit. The 2 officers did not deserve this.  Hopefully they recover.

L´Andratté said:
Could even be an internal thing (just speculation of course, but not unplausible...)

https://abc7.com/lasd-executioners-deputy-gang-sheriff-alex-villanueva-art-gonzalez/6343979/
german language:
https://www.heise.de/tp/features/Gangster-in-Uniform-4892550.html

Those comments you refer to are of the small but growing host of unhinged idiots, that  deserve the mercy of total ignorance, but nontheless get amplified from noise level to supposed relevance by the antisocial networks...

To be honest my first thought was that this was gang related, As part  joining said gang, they have to do something, in this case looks like it was shot two officers of the law.  This is not a new thing as far as joining gangs in L.A.  and it was common occurrence in the 1980's when things were really bad.
If you happen to see the video, it's clearly a targeted hit. I would compare it to my Italian side of the family and the mob  except they would have had the job done correctly, not this candy ass shit show that it was.    The L.A. sheriffs office hasn't been on their best behavior in the last few years but the two officers did not deserve this.  More over it's a sad state of humanity when people show up to the hospital to cheer for death of two people just because they were on the job and what their job is. 

L´Andratté said:
Could even be an internal thing (just speculation of course, but not unplausible...)

https://abc7.com/lasd-executioners-deputy-gang-sheriff-alex-villanueva-art-gonzalez/6343979/
german language:
https://www.heise.de/tp/features/Gangster-in-Uniform-4892550.html

Those comments you refer to are of the small but growing host of unhinged idiots, that  deserve the mercy of total ignorance, but nontheless get amplified from noise level to supposed relevance by the antisocial networks...
Pretty un-plausible IMO, but I don't doubt street gang members  would like to co-opt the police department. Time to call Dirty Harry to clean house. 

I am not a conspiracy nut, but there seems to be some coordination between the protesters blocking the emergency room entrance (arriving before the wounded police) and the shooters. It is a well known strategy to try to provoke an over reaction from the police. If they are trying to make them angry I suspect it is working. We have seen coordination between looters and rioters in other cities.

Destabilizing public order seems to a larger game plan across the country.  The police are the good guys but like any profession there will be a few bad apples in the barrel.  Violent criminals are "all" bad apples.

JR 

JohnRoberts said:
Pretty un-plausible IMO, but I don't doubt street gang members  would like to co-opt the police department. Time to call Dirty Harry to clean house. 

I am not a conspiracy nut, but there seems to be some coordination between the protesters blocking the emergency room entrance (arriving before the wounded police) and the shooters. It is a well known strategy to try to provoke an over reaction from the police. If they are trying to make them angry I suspect it is working. We have seen coordination between looters and rioters in other cities.

Destabilizing public order seems to a larger game plan across the country.  The police are the good guys but like any profession there will be a few bad apples in the barrel.  Violent criminals are "all" bad apples.

JR

If you really want to put on the conspiracy hat on, you also have to ask who profits politically from looters and rioters. It would not be the first time that crimes are commited not by members of a movement, but those seeking to discredit it and/or looking for an excuse to "clean house"...

living sounds said:
If you really want to put on the conspiracy hat on, you also have to ask who profits politically from looters and rioters. It would not be the first time that crimes are commited not by members of a movement, but those seeking to discredit it and/or looking for an excuse to "clean house"...

it's easy to say the bad people are not with us, just because they say so does not make it true.

pucho812 said:
it's easy to say the bad people are not with us, just because they say so does not make it true.

Just for clarification, my post was a reaction to John's last paragraph about a larger 'game plan to destabilize public order across the country'.

Chaos and destruction of property is counterproductive to achieve the goals of a civil rights movement like BLM. That's why they work hard to keep protests peacefull.

As for what is going on wrt to the thread's subject, I really have no idea and wouldn't comment.

living sounds said:
Just for clarification, my post was a reaction to John's last paragraph about a larger 'game plan to destabilize public order across the country'.

Chaos and destruction of property is counterproductive to achieve the goals of a civil rights movement like BLM. That's why they work hard to keep protests peacefull.

As for what is going on wrt to the thread's subject, I really have no idea and wouldn't comment.

I understand. I just found it awful that not only was the deed done, people felt it necessary to show up and wish they would die.

living sounds said:
Sorry if I triggered you... if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it may be a duck. There appears to be some funny business going on in multiple larger cities.
Chaos and destruction of property is counterproductive to achieve the goals of a civil rights movement like BLM.
Agreed. (that it is counter productive, not that antifa is a civil rights movement).

A couple weeks ago I went to the BLM website to try to get a sense of their goals, and their top banner was "defund the police". Not reform, not civil rights, but disable the police.
That's why they work hard to keep protests peacefull.
Seriously...? Perhaps your local news doesn't share all the egregious behavior.  Our mainstream media has humorously stood in front of burning building calling it a mostly peaceful protest.  ::)
But you are comfortable suggesting that this shooting was a false flag incident.

There is no need to help the idiots make the presidents case (because they are idiots..)

My apologies to any antifa philosophers here reading this. 

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Sorry if I triggered you... if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it may be a duck. There appears to be some funny business going on in multiple larger cities.

A study conducted by Princeton University regarding the BLM protests concluded that

"In more than 93% of all demonstrations connected to the movement, demonstrators have not engaged in violence or destructive activity. Peaceful protests are reported in over 2,400 distinct locations around the country. Violent demonstrations, meanwhile, have been limited to fewer than 220 locations ​— under 10% of the areas that experienced peaceful protests."

https://acleddata.com/acleddatanew/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/ACLED_USDataReview_Sum2020_SeptWebPDF.pdf

Yes, there was 'some funny business in some cities'. But it is not representative of BLM (see above).

A couple weeks ago I went to the BLM website to try to get a sense of their goals, and their top banner was "defund the police".

We talked about the "defund the police" slogan before. It doesn't mean to get rid of a police force, but to start structural changes.

Since you have been repeatedly been willing to dismiss almost everything Trump says as mere hyperbole I wonder why you don't grant equal indulgance to the other side?

But you are comfortable suggesting that this shooting was a false flag incident.

No, I didn't.

As I wrote, I have no idea what happend with that shooting and thus wouldn't comment. I was talking about the bigger picture.

To paraphrase my thoughts (again, not on this incident but on events in recent months): I wouldn't consider it unheard of, that unrest hase been stocked by those who profit from it most. It has happened before and will likely happen again. Here in Germany the Nazis burned down the Reichstag and blamed it on the Communists...

Back to BLM once more, there is no evidence of a higher incidence of violent crime because of the protests:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-09/don-t-blame-police-protests-for-homicide-spikes

JohnRoberts said:
Sorry if I triggered you...
JR
Sorry if you felt the need to use a played-out right wing buzzword like "triggered."  I guess you couldn't figure out a way to work in "snowflake" or "War on Christmas" or "libtard?" 
We get it:  Republicans like to attack people for disagreeing with them---especially if that person displays compassion or vulnerability.  It may have been cute in the '90s, but this ain't the '90s.  If you're worried about the level of discourse on this list, you can start by leaving that kind of garbage out of your posts.  It's weak, it's tired, and it's an underhanded ad hominem. 

living sounds said:
A study conducted by Princeton University regarding the BLM protests concluded that

"In more than 93% of all demonstrations connected to the movement, demonstrators have not engaged in violence or destructive activity.

Reminds me of that Proverb... A dead fly can make a bottle of perfume stink....

Anyone have a similar study on cops?

living sounds said:

"In more than 93% of all demonstrations connected to the movement, demonstrators have not engaged in violence or destructive activity. Peaceful protests are reported in over 2,400 distinct locations around the country. Violent demonstrations, meanwhile, have been limited to fewer than 220 locations ​— under 10% of the areas that experienced peaceful protests."

https://acleddata.com/acleddatanew/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/ACLED_USDataReview_Sum2020_SeptWebPDF.pdf
I'm sure they did...  ::)
Yes, there was 'some funny business in some cities'. But it is not representative of BLM (see above).

We talked about the "defund the police" slogan before. It doesn't mean to get rid of a police force, but to start structural changes.
that is exactly why I went to their website to see what they meant.... They meant to DEFUND the police (or so they said with a twitter handle).
Since you have been repeatedly been willing to dismiss almost everything Trump says as mere hyperbole I wonder why you don't grant equal indulgance to the other side?

President Trumps patter is well known from decades in public life and even a run at reality TV.
No, I didn't.

As I wrote, I have no idea what happend with that shooting and thus wouldn't comment. I was talking about the bigger picture.

To paraphrase my thoughts (again, not on this incident but on events in recent months): I wouldn't consider it unheard of, that unrest hase been stocked by those who profit from it most. It has happened before and will likely happen again. Here in Germany the Nazis burned down the Reichstag and blamed it on the Communists...
yet another false flag reference... ?
Back to BLM once more, there is no evidence of a higher incidence of violent crime because of the protests:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-09/don-t-blame-police-protests-for-homicide-spikes
Sadly I am not that respectful of current mainstream media...

Michael Bloomberg just dropped $100M into the Biden campaign in FL.  (he might just have some bias).  He probably wasted more than that on his own anemic presidential run.

It appears that the people who don't like President Trump, really don't like him.

please do not take this as a personal ad hominem.... I love all you guys  ::)

JR 

JohnRoberts said:
yet another false flag reference... ?

There is little evidence for hoping that the current administration will play by the rules. However, it doesn't need any 'official' act from the top. There are plenty of radicalized right-wing groups and individuals willing to do the diry work by themselves. This again gives Trump ammunition for 'countermeasures'.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/05/30/outsiders-extremists-are-among-those-fomenting-violence-in-twin-cities
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article243553662.html
https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/3-alleged-boogaloo-members-charged-in-las-vegas-protests-2044384/
https://www.postandcourier.com/news/second-arrest-of-a-boogaloo-boy-suspect-made-after-violent-columbia-demonstrations/article_9e4fdf5c-a76f-11ea-8217-ef9830925b24.html
https://www.businessinsider.com/white-supremacist-telegram-channel-encourages-violence-george-floyd-protests-2020-6?r=DE&IR=T
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/twitter-takes-down-washington-protest-disinformation-bot-behavior-n1221456
https://medium.com/@kevinjshay44/right-wing-provocateurs-likely-inflaming-protest-violence-bcf1c48e1d40

pucho812 said:
Sadly I know a few of them  due to the industry and I refuse to hear such sh*t.
You could always leave the industry, become a cop and put your electrical engineering skills to use by improving taser technology and prevent people from being SHOT IN THE BACK BY COPS.

Portland self-defense victim:
Dinguss, the lawyer relates, “never observed a firearm on Reinoehl” and did not see “Reinoehl reach for anything.” Instead, Rienoehl ducked for cover by his car as “officers shot multiple rapid-fire rounds at Reinoehl before issuing a brief ‘stop’ command, quickly followed by more rapid-fire shooting by additional officers.” After shooting Reinoehl, Dinguss alleges, officers let the injured man languish, making “no attempt to render life-saving aid … until multiple minutes following the shooting.”

All for a self-defense reaction while being sprayed with pepper spray. The left is not treated equally like the right(Kyle Rittenhouse). I can't imagine why the unrest continues. Despicable, indeed.

iturnknobs said:
Portland self-defense victim:
Dinguss, the lawyer relates, “never observed a firearm on Reinoehl” and did not see “Reinoehl reach for anything.” Instead, Rienoehl ducked for cover by his car as “officers shot multiple rapid-fire rounds at Reinoehl before issuing a brief ‘stop’ command, quickly followed by more rapid-fire shooting by additional officers.” After shooting Reinoehl, Dinguss alleges, officers let the injured man languish, making “no attempt to render life-saving aid … until multiple minutes following the shooting.”

All for a self-defense reaction while being sprayed with pepper spray. The left is not treated equally like the right(Kyle Rittenhouse). I can't imagine why the unrest continues. Despicable, indeed.

stick to turning knobs.  This other stuff is not for you

pucho812 said:
stick to turning knobs.  This other stuff is not for you

It is not the job of the police to be judge, jury and executioner.  The right--including Trump--has been all too ready to excuse a cop's killing of a suspect because "he was a bad person."  In this country, our cops are not supposed to decide the fate of suspected criminals--otherwise, why would we have  courts and judges and jails and stuff?  The cops in Oregon seemingly made no effort to bring Reinoehl in alive.  And there are way too many on the right who attempt to excuse the murder of George Floyd by mentioning his criminal record. 

And I'm not sure why anyone would think suspecting right wing agitators in the recent police shootings is some sort of "false flag" when the last California cop killing I know of was in fact done by a right wing extremist--or had you forgotten?
https://fox5sandiego.com/news/california-news/police-man-suspected-of-gunning-down-calif-officers-linked-to-boogaloo-movement/

hodad said:
It is not the job of the police to be judge, jury and executioner.  The right--including Trump--has been all too ready to excuse a cop's killing of a suspect because "he was a bad person."  In this country, our cops are not supposed to decide the fate of suspected criminals--otherwise, why would we have  courts and judges and jails and stuff?  The cops in Oregon seemingly made no effort to bring Reinoehl in alive.  And there are way too many on the right who attempt to excuse the murder of George Floyd by mentioning his criminal record. 

And I'm not sure why anyone would think suspecting right wing agitators in the recent police shootings is some sort of "false flag" when the last California cop killing I know of was in fact done by a right wing extremist--or had you forgotten?
https://fox5sandiego.com/news/california-news/police-man-suspected-of-gunning-down-calif-officers-linked-to-boogaloo-movement/

Nor is it the job of the citizens to do the same. If you look at the OP, I find it despicable that not only would someone do such an act, people showed up to the hospital to block the ER entrance and exit as well as shout demands hoping the two officers would die.  I think we all can agree that was despicable behavior there.

pucho812 said:
Nor is it the job of the citizens to do the same.
so I guess that means that you're equally outraged by the Reinoehl killing and Trump's happiness with it, and that you find the unwarranted murders of US citizens--guilty or not--by police as despicable or even more despicable than the actions of the protesters? 
If I wanted to sound like a left version of a right winger, I'd say, "Well, cops in LA, man--you know they did something to deserve that." But that's not my bag.

Latest posts

Back