Using a Spare CPS2000 and racking Soundcraft series 5 strip

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenDIY

Hello,
I hope you're doing great, I'm a total newbie regarding modifiying or building equipment.

I have a question, I own a Soundcraft Series 5 (40ch) with 2 x CPS2000 powersupply.

I'd love to rack 16channels of the Soundcraft for my studio and use the second powersupply to feed that!
Is it possible to do it?
I see all the pinout of the socapex... but inside the console it seems all the +-17v, +48v etc..  and all other connection are going on a pcb which is then redistributed via 56pins ribbons connector.

I just love those channels ... but I would never bring that massive beast in my studio.
Thank you
Ben

If anyone wants to chime in, that would be greatly appreciated !!!
Thanks, really appreciate !!!

Yes it's possible. Probably easiest to cut down the frame. If a service manual doesn't exist you will need to trace out how the power rails are distributed inside the console...probablly pretty straightforward once you see how they are ran. It's easy to get overwhelmed looking inside one of these beasts for the first time.  ;D

Thank you so much for your answer,
I actually have the manual I think... I will try to look for it.

If I know all the pinouts and the way it's distributed, what would be the best route from there?

Thanks again
Ben

I don't think they ever released a service manual with schematics, sok you will have to trace it out. The bigger traces are almost guaranteed to be power and ground..

There's one on Electrotanya:

https://elektrotanya.com/soundcraft_series_5_five_foh_sch.pdf/download.html

Thank you so much guys, I'm gonna dive into this and come back to share my findings. I will try to remove all the Aux Channels to see the pin out and send a picture!!

Latest posts

Back