OPA2604 Substitutions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a little weird... TI website says they are an active part and show both digikey and mouser with stock, digikey says they are obsolete, mouser says sales limited.

Doing a parameter search shows slim pickings for +/- 24V rail.

On mouser I found  Linear technology LT6015/6016/6017  looks like new part so only available SMD, and not cheap ($7 ea in onsies). +/- 20ma current limit looks like it will drive 600 ohms to +/-12V

I have never seen or used one so check my work.

por favor....

JR

With a slew rate of 0,75V/µs you're not gonna be happy with the LT6015.

I did a parametric search yesterday too on Digikey, came up with zero parts that would be able to substitute a OPA2604, SMD or not. Of course I might have overlooked something.

volker said:
With a slew rate of 0,75V/µs you're not gonna be happy with the LT6015.

I did a parametric search yesterday too on Digikey, came up with zero parts that would be able to substitute a OPA2604, SMD or not. Of course I might have overlooked something.
Yup, not a fast op amp by modern standards.

Alternately there are ways to boot strap the op amps PS rails to run a standard +/- 18V technology part on 24V rails with full output swing (requires at least 4 resistors and two electrolytic caps).

JR

Khron said:
... Assuming dropping the supply rail voltages is a no-go...

for the repair unit,no.  Since I sketched out a schematic if I were to clone a couple of preamps, I would drop the voltage to +/-18 giving way more options in chips.

I think for now I am going to risk ebay and buy what looks to be legit chips

How many do you need? I can check the parts bin to see if I have any.

Edit: They seem to have some in stock
https://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/ic-opa2604ap/

Latest posts

Back