TF11

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now let's assume that "they" use some sort of µ-Amp or so - nothing really to be curious about.
But ..... how is the capsule polarized ?  With 35V - 38V from the phantom power ?  Or is it a very big electret capsule ?  That's something interesting....

analogguru said:
But ..... how is the capsule polarized ?  With 35V - 38V from the phantom power ?  Or is it a very big electret capsule ?  That's something interesting....

Looks like just a straight 45V-47М from phantom power. There are no signs of any voltage oscillators or doublers of more typical 70V for CK12.

I posted this more about the use of what looks like a dual fet. 

I would assume the power is from a center tap on the secondary side because I don't see two matched resistors like you see in a KM8x or U87.

Look at the picture at the company web site I see some different resistor band colors than people have posted.
https://www.telefunken-elektroakustik.com/microphones/tf11

No current draw given that would help with the capsule voltage and operating points

14Mv/Pa

Gus said:
I would assume the power is from a center tap on the secondary side ....
That's right....

Gus said:
No current draw given that would help with the capsule voltage and operating points
And no noise specs.....

The current draw will be about 1mA which means with this current the capsule voltage is about 42V and the output transformer will be a step down transformer ..... (reducing the signal level to:)

Gus said:

Spencerleehorton said:
Do you ha e an idea on the schematic?

I'd be quite interested in building the circuit
Since I don't like body-strippers who occupy the brand name of inactive companies for their own profit I have contacted my chinese friends and they promised me to send me a prototype of a clone - we will see.....

Why do you want the schematic?

You have 9 resistors, 6 caps , a transformer and what looks like it might be a dual JFET. If it is a dual JFET how do they handle the substrate?

You can see some of the cap values looking at the different images you can find and take a guess at the others.

The black PCB makes it hard to see the traces from the images you can find on the web.

Gus said:
Why do you want the schematic?

You have 9 resistors, 6 caps , a transformer and what looks like it might be a dual JFET. If it is a dual JFET how do they handle the substrate?

You can see some of the cap values looking at the different images you can find and take a guess at the others.

The black PCB makes it hard to see the traces from the images you can find on the web.

Khron said:
Am I the only one that's skeptical about how such mic electronics (ahem) "sound"?  ???

I mean, outside of clipping situations... How different can they really sound, really?  :eek: Obviously, discounting confirmation bias...

Spencerleehorton said:
I think if I guess the arrangement of how it should work I'll be there for months before I get any results.
I'll just go and buy it, much cheaper!!
You must have much money .... (- feel free to give me some of it.)

Personally I would not inwaste one cent of my hard earned money for body-stripping money-makers.

BTW, when my chinese friends saw this schematic they said: "hey, I think we already had this, this looks similar to an overpriced Zvex SHO guitar pedal....."

index.php

Attachments

• Zvex_SHO_schema_(c)-by-analogguru.jpg
    Zvex_SHO_schema_(c)-by-analogguru.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 149
Spencerleehorton said:
I think if I guess the arrangement of how it should work I'll be there for months before I get any results.
I'll just go and buy it, much cheaper!!

The advantage of purchasing is that it works the first time!  ;)

Latest posts

Back