Brad Parscale arrest

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

living sounds

Here's the arrest video of Trump's former (until mid-July 2020) campaign manager:

https://youtu.be/JlnAjAJPnXE

Start watching after the 2 minute mark.

What's the justification for tackling him like that? He was obviously cooperating. He could have been seriously injured by that fall.

What's going wrong wrt to training of cops in the US that they behave towards the citizenry they are supposed to police as if they were wild animals?

If that is standard procedure I call it systemic violence.

And also... the battlefield-grade weapons. WTF?

In the UK cops usually don't even have guns...

Home of the brave?

officers approach Brad Parscale, repeatedly telling him to "get on the ground." When he makes no immediate moves to do so, two officers tackle him with what the police report described as a "double leg take down."
Brad Parscale repeatedly says, "I didn't do anything," as the officers roll him onto his stomach, handcuff him, and help him back to his feet.

He refused to comply with the officers when asked to get on the ground. So they put him on the ground and then handcuffed him. 

Parscale is being detained under a law called "the baker act"
"The Baker Act is a Florida law that allows people with mental illnesses to be held involuntarily for up to 72 hours in a mental health treatment facility if they meet certain criteria. The act can be initiated by judges, law enforcement officials, doctors or mental health professionals."

My oldest child is a District Attorney in California, one of the top D.A.'s in her area...we talk a lot about all of the racial injustice stories, she is married to a black cop...

She basically tells me long before the courts hand out verdicts what will happen because the issue with police violence is one of immunity and local laws...

Initially these laws were written to justify dealing with very hostile violent criminal situations, however the way law works is like adding spice to a soup...once it goes into the pot everything is subject to it.

We once had a discussion about DUI's (driving under the influence)...she said that DUI's are so common that even in her office about half of the D.A.s had some on their record.

I believe that for the most part violence is part of the sub-system of capitalism...and what we have in the USA is not really capitalism per se, we are "post capitalism" which means that the residue of capitalism (violence) is more common than the fruit of it.

The police exist to enforce property rights...THATS why they were formed...

As in this case you can see that "self harm" must be dealt with because each individual is part of the community and owned by the state...even if you must resort to violence to prevent self harm of the community goods.

pucho812 said:
He refused to comply with the officers when asked to get on the ground. So they put him on the ground and then handcuffed him. 

Sure, a 2 seconds (max) warning to an intoxicated man. Who was standing there in a relaxed manner just talking. Here in Germany we call this disproportianate use of force.

The lawfullnes of detention isn't the issue here.

iomegaman said:
My oldest child is a District Attorney in California, one of the top D.A.'s in her area...we talk a lot about all of the racial injustice stories, she is married to a black cop...

She basically tells me long before the courts hand out verdicts what will happen because the issue with police violence is one of immunity and local laws...

Initially these laws were written to justify dealing with very hostile violent criminal situations, however the way law works is like adding spice to a soup...once it goes into the pot everything is subject to it.

We once had a discussion about DUI's (driving under the influence)...she said that DUI's are so common that even in her office about half of the D.A.s had some on their record.

I believe that for the most part violence is part of the sub-system of capitalism...and what we have in the USA is not really capitalism per se, we are "post capitalism" which means that the residue of capitalism (violence) is more common than the fruit of it.

The police exist to enforce property rights...THATS why they were formed...

As in this case you can see that "self harm" must be dealt with because each individual is part of the community and owned by the state...even if you must resort to violence to prevent self harm of the community goods.

Very interesting, thanks.

I think we talked about this in the other thread, how the system was initially tweaked to favor property holders, and how this still influences the outcome of elections.

I also think that much of the dysfunction today is a result of an overreaction to the mid-70s to early 90s crime wave in the US, combined with some of the problems of the political system, neoliberal policies and the military expansion.

living sounds said:
Sure, a 2 seconds (max) warning to an intoxicated man. Who was standing there in a relaxed manner just talking. Here in Germany we call this disproportianate use of force.

The lawfullnes of detention isn't the issue here.

I understand. I also am not saying I agree with the officers actions in this instance. However I did post above what their thinking was as explained to the news.  Personally knowing all who I know in law enforcement, they are trained to stop perceived threat to them and others.  They would say they used what they consider reasonable force to do so.

pucho812 said:
I understand. I also am not saying I agree with the officers actions in this instance. However I did post above what their thinking was as explained to the news.  Personally knowing all who I know in law enforcement, they are trained to stop perceived threat to them and others.  They would say they used what they consider reasonable force to do so.

I understand what you're saying. But I still find it hard to see cause for feeling threatend, with a bunch of police officers with guns and assault rifles poised and aimed at an intoxicated, shirtless man emanating low-energy, who is standing there argueing rather peacefully.

And we've seen this and much worse a thousand times. It just makes it so obvious here, because this is actually one of Trump's people.

living sounds said:
I understand what you're saying. But I still find it hard to see cause for feeling threatend, with a bunch of police officers with guns and assault rifles poised and aimed at an intoxicated, shirtless man emanating low-energy, who is standing there argueing rather peacefully.

And we've seen this and much worse a thousand times. It just makes it so obvious here, because this is actually one of Trump's people.

I understand. I can't speak for those involved as much as you can't. I can only point to what is policy and such.

Latest posts

Back