Api 312 input transformer question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup1

Hi all

Just in case the old thread is TOO old, I found some scans and a pdf of an API 312 and, forgive me if this is a stupid question but, it has 6 holes for the input transformer but most available options have 8 pins.
Please can someone let me know what I am missing...

Thank you!

I'd be willing to bet the 8 pins on the transformers are four separate windings. The 6 connections would likely be 4 for the ends of the primary and secondary, and the remaining 2 for the center taps of the primary and secondary.

Comparing the schematics to the circuit boards would easily confirm that.

8 pins is a common package type,  but that doesn't mean all 8 are actually used.  The main thing is to have each connection go to the proper place.

Buttercup1 said:
Just in case the old thread is TOO old, I found some scans and a pdf of an API 312 and, forgive me if this is a stupid question but, it has 6 holes for the input transformer but most available options have 8 pins.
Please can someone let me know what I am missing...

The 2 Pins diference are probably the Case/Shield and the Electrostatic Shield.
The Capi2622 , Ed Anderson 2622 , Avdo TR2622 and Cinemag CMMI-8APC all have 2 separate pins for Case/Shield and the Electrostatic Shield.
index.php

On the Schematic Walrus posted of the 2622 the Electrostatic Shield is connected to case and then both connected Pin4.
Maybe internally connected?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 2.38.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 2.38.48 AM.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 79

Latest posts

Back