FEELER: Moby´s T14/1 and C12A transformers reincarnations

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vac11

UPDATE 30.06.2021

Hello members,

as Moby said we had conversation about processing your preorders. This feeler thread is in finish. Thank you Moby for your hard work!!!!

Pleas send me on my personal email [email protected] following info:

Name:
Full adress:
Groupdiy nick name:
Telephone number (for courier):
Email for communication:
PayPal email:

As soon as I receive email from you I will prepare invoice with calculated shipping and handling cost and info about payment. I will send you invoice to your email back.

We have to collect all money for preordered transformers before i will send you them to your adresses.

Thank you!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ive asked Moby´s if he can make a exact copy of famous T14/1 transformer and also copy of AKG C12A transformer. His answer was YES if there will be minimun run of 50pcs (T14/1) and 20pcs (C12AT). Same as in case BV08, BV11, BV12 we have an idea to make some transformers available for as low cost as possible to the DIY community.

So we wanted to see how much interest is out there. There is possibility buy these transformers at pretty much cost price with the proviso that payment is up front and turnaround is about 90 days from when all the preorders are taken. Of course, it's possible unless the situation of global pandemics changes.

We need 50 orders of T14/1 transformer and 20 orders of C12A transformer to cover production costs and minimum orders.

Info about T14/1 transformer:
- fits C12, ELAM251 tube microphones circuits
- ratio is 11,45:1
- exact same dimmensions of bobbins and laminations as original
- same winding scheme as original
- same wire thickness and same color code

CLOSED

Info about C12A (U11) transformer:
- fits C12A cathode follower circuits
- ratio is 1.84:1
- not exact same dimmensions of bobbins and laminations as original (few milimeters difference), see Moby´s post number #10
- same winding scheme as original
- same wire thickness, different color code
EDIT 28.06.2021
Moby finally deceided he make exact replica of vintage C12A transformer. Same dimmensions, same wiring colorcode for direct replacment in your vintage C12A microphones. It can take more time though.

Price: 65,- €

If you are interested in, pleas write here which type transformer you need and how much pcs…. I will prepare list of members who are in.

You can contact me here, on my email mildavaca (at) seznam (dot) cz or via PM on my facebook site facebook.com/vamisound

Best

Milan

Update, Oct. 19th: prices and minimum order has changed, see Moby's reply #32

T14/1 52 closed
C12AT 26

List:
Vac11
1x T14/1, 6x C12AT "info received" PAID
TillM 1x T14/1 info received PAID
Tony Hunt 2x T14/1 info received PAID
Recording Engineer 1x T14/1, 2x C12AT info received PAID
kvintus 4x T14/1 info received PAID
Aleguitarpro 2x T14/1 info received PAID
Hitchhiker 1x T14/1 info received PAID
Delta Sigma 2x T14/1, 1x C12AT info received PAID
Shabtek 2x T14/1 info received PAID
Winetree 2x T14/1 info received PAID
thomas.bogstrom 1x T14/1 info received PAID
Berret 2x T14 info received PAID
Avgatzeblouz 3x T14/1 info received PAID
koki 1x T14/1
uptownsquash 4x T14/1
TLRT 2x T14/1 info received PAID
lampas 4x T14/1 info received PAID
audiophreak 2x T14/1, 2x C12AT info received PAID
Fenix511 2x T14/1 info received PAID
100WChris 1x T14/1
59flame 2x T14/1 info received PAID
Meyer 4x T14/1 info received PAID
madreza 4x T14/1 info received PAID
duatro 2x T14/1 info received PAID
kg350zw7 1x C12AT info received
gabriel.808 4x C12AT
ElSmurf 1x C12AT info received
mainsman 2x C12AT info received
stybljan 2x C12AT info received
Romain Bernat 2x C12AT info received
BUKVALT56 1x C12AT info received
justinheronmusic 1x C12AT info received
boops 1x C12AT info received

Attachments

• received_440166920289092.jpeg
    received_440166920289092.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Hey guys. Just to chime in. I made a tool for T14/1 bobbins but stopped there because I was busy with other work :( maybe it's time to continue. Btw, I have to double check the U11 (C12a transformer) winding scheme.

Hey guys, thanks for your responses. I carefully checked the details regarding C12a transformer building and  figured out that it does not share the same core size-laminations-bobbins with T14/1. It's slightly bigger transformer and this combo T14/1-C12A does not work.
Generally it's not "commercial" model of the transformer, so making custom tools for it does not give promises ;)
But, I would really like to help people who want to make C12A and maybe I can find standard laminations what can be used here. My idea is to keep original winding scheme, same DCR and inductance, lamination alloy, dual bobbin arrangement but +/- few millimeters will be the difference from the vintage original transformer. It will not affect the sound, just the overall dimension. I still don't know the total cost of it but I can try to make it the same as mentioned in the first post.
Are you still in? Should I keep negotiating with potential lamination distributor?
Regarding T14/1, I really want to start producing it, especially because I'm not happy with the sound of available clones on the market, including "the original one" what is produced in past 20 years.
So, if we reach the 50 pieces I will give my best to make it possible.
Try to spread this around, because I'm not sure how many people is checking under the "Magnetics".
Cheers :)

Latest posts

Back