New post notifications not working

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We heard back from Ethan and he had discovered that some members mail servers have soft bounced GDIY emails, and did not accept resends.

The GDIY mail servers are not black listed or gray listed on all the lists that Ethan checked. While not a very satisfying answer it appears to be a personal problem related to the member's email handling system.

JR 

Thanks for the update John. I've just clocked that this is also happening to me on my Gmail account, in case that's a useful datapoint. It's started happening since the recent maintenance.

Cheers,
Andy

TwentyTrees said:
Thanks for the update John. I've just clocked that this is also happening to me on my Gmail account, in case that's a useful datapoint. It's started happening since the recent maintenance.

Cheers,
Andy
I get the sense that Ethan is still working on this...  The GDIY emails don't get hard bounced but soft bounced to screen out spammers, valid email servers are expected to just resend and it should go through, spammers don't sit around on the same mail server and resend their spam.

I do not know why exactly the GDIY mail servers are not jumping all the spam blocker hoops but they are probably getting pretty sophisticated in an arms race between spammers and IPs. 

Thanks for your patience

JR

I'm sure that this is not pertinent, but I put it out just in case. About a year ago I noted that none of my emails to friends and family were reaching the inbox of the gmail users, but going to their spam folders. I had them whitelist my email address, but in many cases it reverts back to the spam folder again. And now I've noticed that some incoming emails from gmail users come into my spam folder also.

Out of frustration I even temporarily changed my email address to [email protected], but it didn't help. :)  I've never sent any spam, but for some reason my domain has apparently been blacklisted by alphabet/google/gmail. Of course, my understanding of why or how this happens is nil, so I live with it.

crazydoc said:
I'm sure that this is not pertinent, but I put it out just in case. About a year ago I noted that none of my emails to friends and family were reaching the inbox of the gmail users, but going to their spam folders. I had them whitelist my email address, but in many cases it reverts back to the spam folder again. And now I've noticed that some incoming emails from gmail users come into my spam folder also.

Out of frustration I even temporarily changed my email address to [email protected], but it didn't help. :)  I've never sent any spam, but for some reason my domain has apparently been blacklisted by alphabet/google/gmail. Of course, my understanding of why or how this happens is nil, so I live with it.
You can find lists of black listed/gray listed email servers (usually a MSxxxx number or something like that) using a simple internet search for blacklisted email servers. The email address isn't what is black listed it is the mail server used by your internet host to send (and receive) your emails... 

As I shared before, years ago my company emails were blacklisted because a different company with completely different email addresses but sharing the same email server at my web host apparently behaved badly, destroying our common email server's reputation. I don't think this is what is happening here at DIY, but apparently modern spam blockers have invented new secret handshake to trip up spammers. 
====
FWIW I email photos from my (not so smart) phone to my computer, and my f'n computer thinks my phone is sending spam.  ::) ::) I haven't bothered to fix it since I only use it to send photos to myself, to post here and about the interwebs.

JR

Thanks John, but I'd already checked some of the blacklist lists, and it's not on them. Oh well, it's just another reason besides data mining that I dislike and try to have nothing to do with Alphabet Inc.

crazydoc said:
Thanks John, but I'd already checked some of the blacklist lists, and it's not on them. Oh well, it's just another reason besides data mining that I dislike and try to have nothing to do with Alphabet Inc.
I find it mildly amusing when they push ads at me for stuff I already purchased... last week I put new tires on my car, this week I get the tire ads... Somebody is wasting their ad money.  ::)

JR

Latest posts

Back