William Shanter does the blues

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

So William Shanter did a blues record.  We recorded overdubs and mixes for one of the songs on the album at our studio.
Dude spent some year plus reading all about the blues and then did an album that can only be done  as William could do it. He got a lot of "friends" guesting on the album and his friends list is a who's who of musicians.
It was a great project to work on.  Basic tracks  were done at his home studio during mass lockdown, then as things opened up, we got the tracks and did the overdubs and mixes for the one song. 

For the curious,
This was the track done at our place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbQWsZttm9U

The basic tracks we received started right at the downbeat so I had to create 2 bars of click track before that so that Jeff baxter could come in properly and add an intro.  Click shut off after for good cause.  ;) Then Jeff did his thing. after all the recording, we mixed the tracks and sent them off.  Wasn't sure how it would turn out as we didn't know who would be mastering it but it plays nicely off youtube so I am happy with that 8)

Oh Huh Huh Huh!

Ya it sounds good Pucho!

What a hoot !  You gotta love the blues.

Been watching Boston Legal on Prime and loving all the characters.  Denny Crane!    I’m dreaming of the time when humor poked fun of everything and waiting for humor to come back into our lives.

Cool sound.

Shatner's so hilarious and certainly knows how to have fun. It's a shame he didn't do more comedic roles.

fazer said:
Oh Huh Huh Huh!

Ya it sounds good Pucho!

What a hoot !  You gotta love the blues.

Been watching Boston Legal on Prime and loving all the characters.  Denny Crane!    I’m dreaming of the time when humor poked fun of everything and waiting for humor to come back into our lives.

Thanks. Yeah it’s an album done as only shatner could. The rest of the tracks are quite good too.  He did “crossroads” with james Burton And it sounds legit. Not as over emphasized as he usually does when he does his thing.good stuff.😎

In the same vein if you haven't seen it , you have to watch all the way through for the punchline, and NO
you won't get your 3 minutes back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm7jEA3frY4&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0F7YWFxaev-zjw3K-2sXGzXgm1Dq5k8uUHayiW4vaZyhLyfenPGnerc9M

Back