JLM 1290 step gain pot setup

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mowenw

Hello. I was wondering if someone on here might be able to help me with an issue I have with the step gain pot on my 1290.

The first problem I had was that the metal stopper inside the pot ( which prevents the shaft from completely rotating) had worn away.

When I disassembled, the contacts in each of the light blue barrels came out.

I am now unsure as to how they should be put back.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks

Matt.

JohnRoberts said:
Perhaps time to replace the pot/switch...

JR

To import the pot from Joe would cost a fair whack for what it is. Would probably come in somewhere around 60usd. I'd like to try and save this one first.

It's pretty easy to reassemble. I just don't know in which chamber of the barrel the removable contacts have to be in. I don't know if their positions are different in the front barrel compared to the rear barrel .

It would be easily fixed if I could get some documentation or guidance from JLM but as of yet they are proving a little unhelpful on the matter.

Bit disappointed to be honest, considering I spent 1K on this a few years back.

Mowenw said:
To import the pot from Joe would cost a fair whack for what it is. Would probably come in somewhere around 60usd. I'd like to try and save this one first.

It's pretty easy to reassemble. I just don't know in which chamber of the barrel the removable contacts have to be in. I don't know if their positions are different in the front barrel compared to the rear barrel .

It would be easily fixed if I could get some documentation or guidance from JLM but as of yet they are proving a little unhelpful on the matter.

Bit disappointed to be honest, considering I spent 1K on this a few years back.
Sorry I don't have any specific advice...  If it is relatively easy to reassemble, try it both ways and see which one works better.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Sorry I don't have any specific advice...  If it is relatively easy to reassemble, try it both ways and see which one works better.

JR

Assembling it is easy. It's just that doing trial and error with the positioning by solder to the board and unsoldering will kill the board and the switch outright.

Back