TP812 - 8 Channel THAT 1512 Preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin

White Market Member
Hi Friends
Since the last weeks i'm designing a 8 Channel easy to use Preamp
i used That 1512 and 1646 for Outputs. In my Version I added PAD,PHANTOM and POLARITY Switches, controlled by Relay. Also added an signal indicator and Clip LED
Its running on +15V/-15V,Relays working on a separate 12V Rail. I will offer Partial or Full Kits. More info in my White Market Thread:

pb7i6b9h.jpg

n2klbvtg.jpg

xrmxbxcu.jpg

mo42yjpk.jpg

9lygi6zd.jpg

White Market Thread
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=76303.0

This looks in incredible! It’s neat and compact! Great work on this one!
I’m for sure interested!

Also, based on the other things you’ve been designing, I’m defiantly interested in anything your build!

I use Alps dual 10k reverse log potentiometers
In normal operation just 10k is soldered, but both decks can be soldered together to give 5k in total. I like 5k in total a bit more, it feels a bit smoother ;)

BerndVP said:
Is this based on some SSL style Preamp or ?
No that's mostly a that chip pre amp based on the THAT 1512 Chip. I also don't think that SSL ever used this chip. I know spl like to use this chip for their tube mic preamp.

I’m wondering how difficult it would be to add a transformerless DI (unbalanced instrument input) to this. It would be nice to be able to simply plug 1/4 unbalanced inputs into this without the need for a DI. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
agreed with above.. Eager to see pricing on this and possibly order one. besides being exactly what I need for drums, a D/I for guitar would make it perfect. Id buy it on the spot.

Thanks for the Reply. I already sold my first batch. But I'm working on a second batch and want to add two transformeless DI inputs to Channel 1/2 and also add variable High Pass Filters to make this unit fully flexible. Will keep you updated

Latest posts

Back