He's really left the group this time...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread was meant to be  funny.
Winston didn’t even write a message in the first post.
You guys start to write testaments, all the other US politic threads are not enough for you? Leave it there, keep this funny, simple and light

tenor.gif

I don't vote anymore, but . .  I see the democrats cheat literally every time there is an election. Just saying. I'm not all butt hurt that Trump lost. Didn't vote for him either time, have never voted for a republican, but it seems out of the realms of consideration, in the minds of the liberals that the democrats could cheat. Even though they cheated Bernie Sanders right in front of your face.

Remember the media who brought you weapons of mass destruction and lied us into every war? The same media who aligns itself with all alphabet soup entities (CIA FBI, all other corporate media, hollywood, social media, Google, literally a conglomerate of every 'official' opinion who has spent 4 years (colluding) trying to get rid of orange man any way possible, is now telling you that Biden won. 

Must be totally true right? If they ran a card board cut out that just said "Skynet" on the front, that would be an acceptable candidate juxtaposed against Trump right? And then when the media said it won, you'd totally believe that too right?

JW said:
I don't vote anymore, but . .  I see the democrats cheat literally every time there is an election. Just saying. I'm not all butt hurt that Trump lost. Didn't vote for him either time, have never voted for a republican, but it seems out of the realms of consideration, in the minds of the liberals that the democrats could cheat. Even though they cheated Bernie Sanders right in front of your face.

Remember the media who brought you weapons of mass destruction and lied us into every war? The same media who aligns itself with all alphabet soup entities (CIA FBI, all other corporate media, hollywood, social media, Google, literally a conglomerate of every 'official' opinion who has spent 4 years (colluding) trying to get rid of orange man any way possible, is now telling you that Biden won. 

Must be totally true right? If they ran a card board cut out that just said "Skynet" on the front, that would be an acceptable candidate juxtaposed against Trump right? And then when the media said it won, you'd totally believe that too right?

Just dying to see this evidence of cheating, despite ACTUAL evidence of GOP voter disenfranchisement. Don't worry. We'll wait.

And the media didn't MAKE up the WMD thing, they were repeating what Bush and company said. So... what was your point again?

JW said:
I see the democrats cheat literally every time there is an election. Just saying.

Everyone cheats. The Dems cheated better this time. The political process includes cheating among all other types of human interactions. Unfortunately its feature not a bug... Scratch that, its a feature and a bug.

bluebird said:
Everyone cheats. The Dems cheated better this time.

I disagree.  Georgia and Nevada both have Republican Secretaries of State.  I don't think much Dem cheating was going on in either of those places.  Dirty tricks, court cases, voter disenfrachisement--that was all the people on the right (the GOP and/or GOP sympathizers.)  Seriously, if Dems had been cheating on any noteworthy scale, don't you think they'd have made sure to take the Senate as well?  And not lose seats in the House? 

Whoops, stop popping corks! Your gonna get a hangover. ;D

hodad said:
I disagree.  Georgia and Nevada both have Republican Secretaries of State.  I don't think much Dem cheating was going on in either of those places.  Dirty tricks, court cases, voter disenfrachisement--that was all the people on the right (the GOP and/or GOP sympathizers.)  Seriously, if Dems had been cheating on any noteworthy scale, don't you think they'd have made sure to take the Senate as well?  And not lose seats in the House? 

I agree with you. I was using the word "cheating" loosely. You just can't play a 100% fair game in politics.

Too soon to be talking about alternative voting systems?  I wish we were taking them more seriously. Anything that gives underdogs or people with great ideas but weak pockets a better chance at the ballot box.

From the horse's mouth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA8a2g6tTp0

Surely just tripping over words again right?

I see you all can still argue without me.  ::)

France banned most mail in voting back in 1975 because of massive fraud (Corsica). Of course mail-in voting can be done honestly but it makes it easier to cheat.

Vote fraud happens every election but generally is not statistically significant, I do not expect it to be significant this time either, but it does erode public trust in vote integrity.

Hundreds of lawsuits were filed by democrats, before the election

Now after the election President Trump is challenging votes in several swing states. Last minute vote rules changes in several states exceeded constitutional authority of governors/vote officials. Vote rules are the purview of state legislatures.

The COVID pandemic is perhaps a valid reason to expand mail in voting but it can take years to implement a secure mail in voting system, not months like so many states attempted. The post office still can't manage to deliver my daily newspaper by the publication date every day (my Saturday WSJ did not arrive). 

I expect at least some of the lawsuits to promote improved vote integrity rigor for future elections.

I have already shared my opinion about who won, and see nothing to change that. The vote result is not official until certified by each state.

The historic couple month delay between vote and inauguration was to account for slower information flow a few centuries ago. The world moves much faster now.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
The historic couple month delay between vote and inauguration was to account for slower information flow a few centuries ago. The world moves much faster now.

And until the 20th amendment in 1933 inauguration day was March 4.

I had been wondering about the rather long 'hang time' between the vote and the changing of the guard , I guess in the case of a president getting re-elected its only a formality , but in a case like this must feel like 75 days on a bed of nails with the flames of hell licking your behind  :eek:

Back