Another DIY API 1604 inspired mixer (16x8x2)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spectacular work! Really a labour of love, and it shows. I bet it sounds fantastic, and every time you sit down to use it you'll have such a sense of achievement after all that hard work.

Congratulations!

Very well done. How did you make the metal frames to hold the 500 size module?. And did you use a motherboard to plug them all into?

Cheers

Ian

Thanks guys for kind of words....

Vac11 said:
Nice work, congrats. Some Api style eq's would be nice there! 8)

You right Vac11 I would like to have too some API eqs....I hope in some near future...;)

TwentyTrees said:
Spectacular work! Really a labour of love, and it shows. I bet it sounds fantastic, and every time you sit down to use it you'll have such a sense of achievement after all that hard work.

Congratulations!

Thanks TwentyTrees....and you right, there is not better feel when you done something like this and sit and start to work and enjoy in all labour and love what you gave to!!!

And yes it is sound fantastic....

Ian my idea from beginning was to relief complexity of mechanical work to me and my friend who help me

to use only solid wood and somekind of shelf....something that I found on Capi site

There is no motherbaord only edge connectors 30 pins...I put pics of it

I didnt put all pictures of bulding cause there are a lot of it

And look at this picture Ian...

Attachments

• image-0-02-05-615cdd84a0333cb34b5a4aa1102a1f51ea7b3275d5839aab2ac3210a8ee22f2f-V.jpg
    image-0-02-05-615cdd84a0333cb34b5a4aa1102a1f51ea7b3275d5839aab2ac3210a8ee22f2f-V.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 36
This board taught me a lot....I soldered and desoldered it a few times, with no matter on planning,thinking and counting any stage of doing it....

Cause it always something came up....

Soldering edge connectors...so there is no motherboard

That's how they did it way back when. Had the opportunity to look over Les Paul's 70's console. It was nearly all edge connector brackets and P2P as well, power and buses looked to be solid core wire.

Back