NH0002C equivalent? (repairing an old Seem broadcast mixer)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conviction

Hi all!

I'm repairing an old (1975-76) Tore Seem broadcast mixer, the TSM 6-2A, and so far I've found at least two faulty NH0002C's on the HF-1D driver boards (schematic attached). There's a total of three HF-1D boards. Can anyone help me source an equivalent for the NH0002C? I would prefer a TO-5 (metal) package, just like the original, for the sake of convenience.

I'm having a hard time even finding the original part. Why is it so scarce? Is there another name/id for it?

Here's the datasheet for the NH0002C: http://www.elektronikjk.pl/elementy_czynne/IC/NH0002.pdf

Many thanks in advance!

/Olle

Attachments

• Seem_HF-1D.jpg
    Seem_HF-1D.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 20
According to the TI website the LH0002 was transferred to Alpha Semiconductor.

Digikey shows 2 pcs of Nat part for a crazy price ($48ea).

You could roll your own with SMD devices on a tiny PCB...

the LT parts looks like it may be easier to cut in.

JR

Digikey.... pharmacy store comes to my mind...

LH0002CH (in TO5-style-case) for $ 5,91 per piece:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NS-LH0002CH-CAN-8-LH0002-Buffer/323396057255?hash=item4b4be838a7:g:xBEAAOSwcu5UP2Ec

..but for a +/-12V speaker amplifier, probably driving a crappy internal cue spkr - is it really worth it?

why not go with the LM3886 or such contemporary?

/Jakob E.

gyraf said:
..but for a +/-12V speaker amplifier, probably driving a crappy internal cue spkr - is it really worth it?

why not go with the LM3886 or such contemporary?

/Jakob E.

If that was the case - absolutely not 8) Thing is they're used as line drivers. I was fooled by the schematic (höyttalerforsterker) at first until I traced the connections. Two of them are driving the output transformers. There must be different versions of the HF-1 board. Another page (see attachment) says "utgangsforsterker".

Attachments

• HF-1D_overview.jpg
    HF-1D_overview.jpg
    648.2 KB · Views: 10
analogguru said:
I would do a search for the more common LH0002 which appears to be very similar if not identical.

Thanks analog! :) I actually ended up ordering some LH0002's for about $10 each. I can't see any differences between the LH and NH that would matter in this implementation/circuit. So, thanks again. I'll report back in a couple of days.

JohnRoberts said:
I can't find any specific documentation but the NH and LH designations may denote commercial or military temperature ranges etc. or not....

JR

Thanks JR! Tore Seem often used milspec components. After all, they did take over the production from weapons manufacturer Kongsberg Våpenfabrikk (KV) in Norway. Could be the case.

I couldn't find any crucial differences at first glance, but I would assume there are some. I think the mixer will do fine with commercial grade opamps though.  ;)

abbey road d enfer said:
LT1010 exists in TO220P or DIP8

Thanks abbey! However, I think space would be an issue. It's extremely narrow between the cards. I failed to add that information in my first post. I ended up ordering some LH0002C's (for $10 a piece  :'()

Latest posts

Back