1178 calibration. Is this normal

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Got an 1178 on the bench. It sounds great but the meters are off. I followed calibration instructions per the manual but had some questions.

1. In order to get 0vu with gr selected and no input signal, I have to have the release full clockwise. Is this normal?

2. Adjust meter 0 for gain reduction in a/b mode works, but when I switch to stereo mode they are off slightly. If I flip back to a/b they are good again. Is this normal?

3. With no signal present, Adjusting the release knob effects gr meter so that if I move away from full clockwise  gr meter increases past 0vu. Is this normal?

Edit: Could the admins move this into the lab, I posted this in the wrong area.

A slight mistracking of the two meters in GR mode sometimes happens, but the Release control shouldn't affect the meter in GR mode with no signal present.

Chris said:
but the Release control shouldn't affect the meter in GR mode with no signal present.

Agreed, and this honestly makes me wonder, if its an 1178, or a two x 1176 clone of sorts, just to clarify.

(very common problem, with a simple solution on the 1176, but the 1178 design differs in this aspect).

Gustav

Back