Can I replace s tant cap with an electrolytic?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice, newark is on the distributor list. that is really good to know. I need a recent newark catalog... Open that thing up and four hours of my life disappear every time.

dave

[quote author="soundguy"]nice, newark is on the distributor list. that is really good to know. I need a recent newark catalog... Open that thing up and four hours of my life disappear every time.

dave[/quote]
I don't think they'll have them:
http://www.elna-america.com/audio%20distributor.htm

I've seldom seen any of the "audio" electrolytics (nichicon muse, various elnas, etc.) listed by any of the major mail order distibutors in the 'states.
They seem to end up only with the "boutique" resellers (Wellborne, etc.) at suitably impressive prices.

-Eric

Geitting back to tants...

Does anyone have already troulble with the coupling tants in NEVE preamps? I would hate to fry my input transformer if a a coupling tantalum goes short!!!

[quote author="sismofyt"]RS Components.[/quote]
Are they still available? I can't find them on the RS website.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Yes, I know, but whe are talking about tants VS electros, so it´s easier to call them just tantalums and the aluminum electrolytics electros, what do you think about this just for understanding?

from Sismofyt:
www.elna-america.com/ptable5.htm

These ones to be precise:

www.elna-america.com/PDF/ROD.PDF

I can see they even have higher grade ones but I haven't tried those..

I want to put these in the SSL-comp signalpath.

Before I try mail-order & associated hassle, does anyone know of a store in the Netherlands that carries these ?

Thanks,

Peter

RS has them as well, not a big selection, tho'.

go to http://www.rs-components.com/index.html
& search for stock number 215-5714 for an example

Thanks Peter - for some reason I had the idea/rememberance that the Dutch versions of the various suppliers required you to be a company or were a hassle in another way - but not really so.

I registered at RS-NL (it did required some company-like stuff but our band has something that can double as such) and everything looks OK so far.

Thanks, it will be saving me many future trips to my local supplier who's unfortunately becoming more & more out-of-stock, we-don't-know-that-part, did-you-really-send-us-your-ordering-list etc etc :cry:

Bye,

Peter

Latest posts

Back