New Chinese U47 Style Body

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarvis

Hey guys,

I was browsing through Alibaba and found a U47 style body I haven't seen before:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/47-microphone-body-silver-nickle-silver_1600133515500.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.89.2.48d0580d9K4A1M

They also seem to offer a seperate Headbasket, not sure whether this is the one that's included or a different one:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/K47-microphone-body-basket-silver-color_1600132679354.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.f5da51cfaVY25C

I think they look pretty good! The price and the minimum quantity one has to order are also both very reasonable. Is anyone else interested in these and maybe in for a groupbuy?

Best
Jannis

That’s funny. I noticed those about a week ago. I’m curious why that one pictured has the internals circled. A friend said it seems a bit shady, but I thought the whole point of alibaba was to ease that fear, but I don’t know, I’ve never dealt with them.

I’m definitely interested in a pair in a group buy. That greatly reduces the risk! However, once it’s clear what you actually get, they may give upgrade options most likely wanted, so who knows how much the price may increase.

If we're doing a groupbuy, i'm definitely in for a pair at that price
We're almost at the minimum i see  :)

Recording Engineer said:
That’s funny. I noticed those about a week ago. I’m curious why that one pictured has the internals circled. A friend said it seems a bit shady, but I thought the whole point of alibaba was to ease that fear, but I don’t know, I’ve never dealt with them.

Neither have I but your friend might be right. I just clicked on the "color" option and that brings up a picture that looks nothing like the other bodies and I suspect that that's the one they are actually offering. So my initial enthusiasm just faded, since it really seems to be false advertisement in the end. That's a shame...

Best
Jannis

Ah yes I see that now. I also see:
“U47 Microphone Body Customized

We can special make microphone body for customer.
Welcome to inquiry!”

This pretty-well confirms my suspicion of:

“Oh you want that? That’ll cost X. Oh and you want that? That’ll cost X.”

That’s cool and all, but it’s really just designed to get engagement. At that point, 939 is the way to go to me, even as we must wait for his source to come back around.

I would be definitely interested if the body was the same as the one in the pictures, but clicking "color" really brings a photo of a body I'm not really interested in.

Strange also that they offer a 47 style  headbasket but no body for it?

maybe it's false advertisement or there was is a mistake in product page.

Anyone contact them? I can contact them and ask

There's also some interesting U87 bodies and microphones that can be used as donor bodies,
they look good in the photos at least, don't know how well they look when you get them:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Jibo-high-quality-factory-customized-microphone_1600101862285.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_image.12671b95UdaJN9

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2020-Brand-New-U87PLUS-Studio-Recording_62577050769.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_image.12671b95UdaJN9

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/China-wholesale-condenser-wired-microphone-U87_1600124921879.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_image.12671b95UdaJN9

Some time ago I bought a couple of U47 body samples (as in the first picture) from a Chinese manufacturer.
Quality wasn't great. Bodytube (aluminium) was very sensitive to fingerprints, so you had to paint or powdercoat it. Also the rails had slightly different lengths. To use it, you will have to do some extra work.

This is the interesting one:
H6ce11794fd874209b856a03d6e65f9b22.jpg

..and this is what appears when you click "Color:"
H6253b5953db741ce8f8fcfa961833cccg.jpg

Whoops said:
Anyone contact them? I can contact them and ask
I haven't been in contact with them yet so if you'd do that, that would be great.

gyraf said:
This is the interesting one
Thanks for adding that! Makes sense so everyone reading knows what the hell everyone is talking about without having to browse through the links.

Best
Jannis

rockinrob86 said:
I wish the u87 bodies came with switch holes

I understand it's useful, but maybe that's too much to ask for a Chinese mic...

Also some U47 projects have the pattern selection on the PSU itself and not on the mic, like the MK47 ioaudio project

rockinrob86 said:
I wish the u87 bodies came with switch holes

With or without, it’s rare that listings are clear on dimensions; and even if they are, it seems it’s always questionable what actually arrives.

Plus, it’s questionable what anything is made of.

Recording Engineer said:
With or without, it’s rare that listings are clear on dimensions; and even if they are, it seems it’s always questionable what actually arrives.

Plus, it’s questionable what anything is made of.

yes, thats true.

if the supplier in the alibaba page is really able to supply U47 style bodies like the ones in the pictures those could be clones or similar to Skylar Bodies.
Skylar was a member here in the forum and he did the CAD drawings for U47 style bodies some years ago and sold those bodies here. He contracted the manufacturing in China so there's a big chance that his initial CAD drawings and measurements are being used by the Chinese production contractor or others to produce this type of body

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back