New Chinese U47 Style Body

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've sent a message to the Alibaba seller questioning for which mic body are they're really selling and if they actually have the U47 style mic body.
Lets see if they reply and how they reply, my experience is that Chinese sellers have very limited English skills.And half the time you dont understand anything of what they reply

I even attached some pictures to the message:

0YEXoSim.png

0jmfna9m.png

I have already tried communicating with them, and it is still unclear what you get if you buy. The closest yet is the information that one of the pictured mics is stock, the other not...

From the communication it felt like it was not ment to be clear what you get.

Will report back if there is further info.

Same bodies or similar bodies seem to be offered by other suppliers,

Studio 939 website has 2 similar ones:

https://store.studio939.com/product/mk47-microphone-body-kit

Qongsqvm.png

https://store.studio939.com/product/budget-47-body-kit

Kfw4fw0.png

And that horrible French dude that stole the work of a lot of people around here and sells it advertising it's work of his "Engineers" seems to be selling an exact clone/copy of Skylar body:

C91dEm1h.png

gyraf said:
I have already tried communicating with them, and it is still unclear what you get if you buy. The closest yet is the information that one of the pictured mics is stock, the other not...

From the communication it felt like it was not ment to be clear what you get.

Thanks Jakob,
that's what I think I will get as a reply also. Not a clear explanation of what you get

Yes, this goes back to my first original thought:
With 939, we know exactly what we get and I think it’s great for the price... Go with what you know while it still available.

Recording Engineer said:
Yes, this goes back to my first original thought:
With 939, we know exactly what we get and I think it’s great for the price... Go with what you know while it still available.

I dont know the specs on the headbasket/mesh of the 939/Alctron body.
I would say the price is quite high if the headbasket is not well made and respecting the original design.

The Chinese body in the alibaba page, if real, Im pretty sure the headbasket and mesh doesnt have similar specs as the original, but in that case thats 32€

This is Shuaiyin body i bought directly from them, it's 85$ + shipping.

Attachments

• 20201121_174347_copy_907x1612.jpg
    20201121_174347_copy_907x1612.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 192
I had to modify it slightly to fit the tube.

Attachments

• 20201121_174632_copy_907x1612.jpg
    20201121_174632_copy_907x1612.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 198
it looks alright that body.
What's your thoughts on it?

I never got any reply from the Alibaba seller, I don't think they will reply at all

Last edited:
I got replies until the point where I was asking too unambigously. Which probably means that they only have the "wrong" type, but won't admit it because it would influence accidental sales..

/Jakob E.

gyraf said:
I got replies until the point where I was asking too unambigously. Which probably means that they only have the "wrong" type, but won't admit it because it would influence accidental sales..

/Jakob E.

They probably just saw my message and though it was the same guy asking the same thing but with a different account. LOLOLOLOL

Hi everyone,
there's some news, I received message from the seller, and I was told that it was a picture upload mistake and that they have the U47 type body.

They fixed the original page:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/47-microphone-body-silver-nickle-silver_1600133515500.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.56e93e5fNJV6Rx

Any of you guys interested in ordering from them?
I would order one or 2 bodies, if more people wants to join we could order the 10 bodies

Best Regards

The seller sent me more pictures of the body, here they go:

KN0bmWGl.jpg

QS8pSIRl.jpg

L9Zsp8Om.jpg

This Body is the same as member "Chad" is selling in this thread in the black market at the moment for $180USD, I enquired Chad about the body by pm and he told me "this is an OEM unit I designed and had fabricated based on what I could find on groupdiy specs", here is the black market thread:

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=76472.0

I enquired the Alibaba seller that the picture in the order page shows a Body with a Chrome plated Headbasket and that the pictures he sent show an headbasket that is not chromed, he told me the pictures were from a sample body and not from the final production unit and that the bodies sold would be Chromed,
he then sent this picture:

12QM6Kum.jpg

Well this is interesting!
I would be also in for two or maybe three bodies. But let's see how it goes. I won't commit yet since we need to find out few other details.
What about xlr or some other connector? I would say by looking at pictures that we need to source it by ourselves. That wouldn't be a problem if the size is right. Can you ask them what's the diameter for connector insert?
And what about shockmount? Do they sell them or we need to find some other compatibile ones?
Since the body diameter is 55mm it will not be easy. Most chinese shockmounts are more narrow.

But no matter what, this price is spectacular for a such body!

:)

Luka

Back