New Chinese U47 Style Body

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shot said:
Well this is interesting!
I would be also in for two or maybe three bodies. But let's see how it goes. I won't commit yet since we need to find out few other details.
What about xlr or some other connector? I would say by looking at pictures that we need to source it by ourselves. That wouldn't be a problem if the size is right. Can you ask them what's the diameter for connector insert?
And what about shockmount? Do they sell them or we need to find some other compatibile ones?
Since the body diameter is 55mm it will not be easy. Most chinese shockmounts are more narrow.

But no matter what, this price is spectacular for a such body!

:)

Luka

Hello Luka, I agree your questions are completely relevant, you should ask them to the seller.

You can contact them in them using the product page, let us know what you find:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/47-microphone-body-silver-nickle-silver_1600133515500.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.56e93e5fNJV6Rx

Whoops said:
Hello Luka, I agree your questions are completely relevant, you should ask them to the seller.

You can contact them in them using the product page, let us know what you find:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/47-microphone-body-silver-nickle-silver_1600133515500.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.56e93e5fNJV6Rx

Yes! I'll do that!
I'll keep you posted!
:) :)

Luka

Whoops said:
Thanks mate, the more people asking, the more info we are able to gather.
I’m pretty sure they are bored with me already

I asked them about xlr connector and shock mount and got a reply from them!
"hello, yes, it can fits XlR connector, regarding shock mount, we have some"

My next question was what's the price of shock mounts

Luka

I asked the seller in the Black Market offering two of these (or at least I can't tell the difference) a couple questions about his. The body tube from the ones he has is apparently steel for better or worse. The bodies are 60mm diameter which is consistent with the U47 short body but not the long one I believe.  The head basket has the three layers of mesh, but like the first ones from Skylar back in the day, that third layer of mesh isn't turned at a 45 degree angle like the OG.

Does this matter? I don't know. At these prices, I'd probably get a couple anyway. Along with a 3U capsule of some sort, we're talking some fairly inexpensive and useful mics. I even have a transformer lying around and will probably shoot for a 47fet to park permanently in front of the kick drum.

As far as the end connector goes, I'm fine with the cheap standard XLR, depending if you're going for something cheap or more authentic. Even though those Amphenol connectors are nice and solid from the Skylar body, I worry about the long term pot metal threading of the end connector. The XLR plug as mentioned before might be a long term better choice. But a binder connector would be awesome for a more classy build.

Anyway, I definitely dig that nickel finish. Looks way better (imo) than the silver plated head basket with aluminum body.

I like the Matt finish head basket myself but, not a deal breaker.

I think having internal side rails rather than those 3 coupled stand offs would make things easier.

But at that price, even my broke ass can afford a couple so, I'd be in too.

Winston O'Boogie said:
I think having internal side rails rather than those 3 coupled stand offs would make things easier.

I totally agree with you, some side rails would be a better option and I dont even think it would cost much more to do that.

The 3 standoffs are not really an elegant solution.

As for the headbasket I really only like the "Chrome" one. Not a Fan of the Matte finish.

Whoops said:
As for the headbasket I really only like the "Chrome" one. Not a Fan of the Matte finish.

:)  I totally understand that most people probably do prefer the chrome and I'm happy to go along with the flow.    More than that, thanks for finding the body and to everyone who communicated with the supplier.

I agree that siderails are much better option than standoffs. But hey - at that price I'm willing to get my hands dirty and cut and bend some metal rails to create it for my build.

For me, much bigger problem is the lack of shock mount. Since this body is wider than most chinese shock mounts accept. I asked the seller to point me to adequate shockmount but I'm still waiting for their reply.

Luka

gyraf said:
..minimum order of 10 pcs. isn't it?

At least that's what the seller advertises. But looking at the recent transactions, they might possibly even sell them in lesser quantities, since their history shows repeated purchases of 2 bodies by an individual from France.

Best
Jannis

Back