New Chinese U47 Style Body

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah if I'm building a U47 I'm not gonna have a tube circuit "fixed" that way...
Too bad, price is really good and otherwise looks fine

dasnevestheo said:
Yeah if I'm building a U47 I'm not gonna have a tube circuit "fixed" that way...
Yeah I’m thinking about bending some metal strips the right size. And drill some holes on both sides and halfway (for the pcb).

Or buy some strips like this (https://schneidersladen.de/de/gewindestreifen-84te) and have some L shaped hooks on both ends.. gonna be a puzzle..

dasnevestheo said:

The price is so low that you can be creative in many ways to replace those standoffs for another system and still being pretty cheap in the end.
I don't find that adapting an L-Shaped or U-Shaped metal bar would be something difficult to do.

i have seen where ring terminals are on/between the standoff posts and the solder tags of the terminals go in slots cut into the edge of the pcb wher'st tack weld/mechanical solder joints occur.

a step above ill fitting zip ties

Got the mic body from the link I posted today.

Pros:

It's a very heavy hefty body. Beautifully made. 3-layer mesh which wad not specifically written on page.

Cons:

Packaged in the equivalent of a sock. Headpiece sustained minor almost barely noticeable bend. 2 or 3 dings on the body. I'm going to bring up to them that the body should be packaged better, but for the price, it's kind of a steal.

FarisElek said:
Got the mic body from the link I posted today.

Pros:

It's a very heavy hefty body. Beautifully made. 3-layer mesh which wad not specifically written on page.

Cons:

Packaged in the equivalent of a sock. Headpiece sustained minor almost barely noticeable bend. 2 or 3 dings on the body. I'm going to bring up to them that the body should be packaged better, but for the price, it's kind of a steal.

Cool. Thanks for the info. Just ordered one too. Fingers crossed..

Got it too...

It is similar to u47 but not exact... If I have enough time, I'll try to do some photos of Aputis, Two other chinese U47, Flea and first of the Peluso u47 inspired bodies ...

But for the price is the great buy ...

lampas said:
Got it too...

It is similar to u47 but not exact... If I have enough time, I'll try to do some photos of Aputis, Two other chinese U47, Flea and first of the Peluso u47 inspired bodies ...

But for the price is the great buy ...

Would love to see side by side compassion. I've never seen a real u47 in person and closest I've seen is the WA-47 and I like this body better than thet one.

Ryan

lampas said:
Got it too...

That would be interesting!👍

What is the best way to go about get a regular pcb in a u47 body with standoffs? It's proving more difficult than i thought it would be.

FarisElek said:
What is the best way to go about get a regular pcb in a u47 body with standoffs? It's proving more difficult than i thought it would be.

Can you machine some square or rectangular metal bars to setup in place of the standoffs?

Whoops said:
Can you machine some square or rectangular metal bars to setup in place of the standoffs?

I don't really the means to do that. May just walk around a hardware store on a day off this week and see if anything comes to mind.

Could you use some zip ties? Maybe file/cut little notches in the standoffs to help prevent the zip ties from sliding? 

Just a little update. I think I found a way to connect the pcb. This is the D-EF47 PCB. It's a super tight fit. But I'm confident that it will work.
- Took out one 4cm standoff and replaced with a 2cm standoff and a longer (2,5 cm?) M3 screw.
- I had to shorten the "PCB screws" to not block the longer M3 size screw. Did this with my Dremel..
- Also needed to shorten the brackets as you can see. It was blocking the PCB for the tube holder (not attached yet)
- Drilled out the hole on the bracket to fit the longer M3 screw.
- The C2 and C3 pads are a bit close to the standoffs. But I'll probably use some shrink tube on the standoffs just to be sure.
- The 1G ohm resistors are close to the brackets but I'll make it work.
- Will probably use some tie wrapt to attach the bottom of the pcb (for stability)

It does not win the beauty price. But I'm surprised how solid this is. And cheap :)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-07-29 at 00.03.37.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-29 at 00.03.37.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 120
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-07-29 at 00.03.15.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-29 at 00.03.15.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 118
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-07-29 at 00.02.54.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-29 at 00.02.54.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 119
Back