LTspice screenshots

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

I know how to change the trace and background colours on LTspice plots but I cannot seem to find a combination that works as well when printed on paper as when pasted into a pdf for example. The black background is not good for printing but a white background and black traces appear grey in a pdf and fuzzy on paper. Any suggestions for good contrast easily readable colour combinations?

Cheers

Ian

This isn't the most convenient option but it does produce better results if you really need it. But if you download and install a PostScript printer driver like the "HP LaserJet 4350 PS Class Driver" and then use that to "Print to file" it will generate a .prn file. Open that file in Linux and delete the lines at the top up to but not including the
Code:
%!PS-Adobe-3.0
:

Code:
^[%-12345X@PJL SET JOBATTR "OS =Windows"
@PJL SET JOBATTR "OS Version = Windows 8.1 6.3.9600.1"
@PJL SET JOBATTR "Render Type = InOS"
@PJL SET JOBATTR "Render Name = HP PS Class Driver"
@PJL SET JOBATTR "Render Version=6.3.4.1"
@PJL SET RESOLUTION=600
@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE=POSTSCRIPT
%!PS-Adobe-3.0
%%Title: MSxpsPS
%%Creator: MSxpsPS

You might also need to delete everything at the end after the
Code:
%%EOF
. Then run ps2pdf. That will generate a PDF that will print nicely.

Thanks squarewave. At present I am also running LTspice on Linux (via WINE). Could I do the whole process on Linux?

Cheers

Ian

Harpo said:
Ian, you already tried LTSpice Menue 'File' and checked 'Print Monochrome' ?

LOL, no. it is only recently that printing from LTspice has been working under wine - so I will indeed look for that option!!!

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Thanks squarewave. At present I am also running LTspice on Linux (via WINE). Could I do the whole process on Linux?
I have no idea. I've never used WINE. I could imagine how print drivers in WINE could be the sort of thing that's non-trivial. But Linux is much more PS friendly than Windows so maybe just search for a way to print from WINE to PS and achieve the same thing. Once you get to PS you can view the PS or convert to PDF and view that and probably have a nice crispy view.

ruffrecords said:
I know how to change the trace and background colours on LTspice plots but I cannot seem to find a combination that works as well when printed on paper as when pasted into a pdf for example. The black background is not good for printing but a white background and black traces appear grey in a pdf and fuzzy on paper. Any suggestions for good contrast easily readable colour combinations?

Cheers

Ian
It it the colors and oblique/curved lines that are fuzzy, with the horizontal and vertical lines and text crisp?

abbey road d enfer said:
It it the colors and oblique/curved lines that are fuzzy, with the horizontal and vertical lines and text crisp?

The curved lines are certainly too thin. I have not checked text and H/V lines. I will do that and reply.

Cheers

ian

Back