• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2 x U47 Microphone body

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad

Built one and it works great, all components fit well. Planned on building 2 more but 2020 had other plans.

2 Available - $180USD each
Body only, components shown for reference and scale.
7 pin XLR insert not included either, I used a 7 pin XLR male (switchcraft style) and took the insert out.

Body-Steel
-60mm OD
-54mm ID

Headbasket
3 layer steel

Can ship internationally at buyers expense.

PICTURES-
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uq59oho0xaadjww/AAAaJNfeILax8Yq2ybgDIQuwa?dl=0

Hi Chad,
Interested in one body, how much shipping to India?
Regards
Dinesh

Hi,
the body you are selling is the same one that it's for sale in Alibaba for 32€ (minimum 10 pieces order):

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/47-microphone-body-silver-nickle-silver_1600133515500.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.56e93e5fNJV6Rx

EbIvoPXh.png

I like the matte finish (or nickel finish is it called?) Seems like they're the Skylar body pretty much? Tube is steel though? And connector is different. Nice deal there for someone looking to build an army of U47ish mics.

JW said:
I like the matte finish (or nickel finish is it called?) Seems like they're the Skylar body pretty much?

Skylar's Column (or how it can be called) or bracket connection between bottom part and top part is much better.

In this case it's just some cheap long brass standoffs stuck on top of each-other.
I don't know how stable that is...
Also the standoffs make it a bit harder to attach a PCB or parts there, but of course with DIY you can get creative about that.

JW said:
Tube is steel though?

Skylar's was Aluminium,  from the photos I would say this one looks Aluminium also but Chad says that is steel.
He has the body he should know more

Latest posts

Back