High end tube pre amp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hooman said:
if anybody thinks .... it is  so easy ...  please lets to build and check sound . ;)
Good design is never easy. Unfortunately, high end hi-fi designers seem to think that if you use enough very expensive components it will automatically make it sound good. Nothing could be further from the truth.

P.S. Please answer my question about negative feedback in the preamp schematic you posted.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Good design is never easy. Unfortunately, high end hi-fi designers seem to think that if you use enough very expensive components it will automatically make it sound good. Nothing could be further from the truth.

P.S. Please answer my question about negative feedback in the preamp schematic you posted.

Cheers

Ian
good design in hifi  is  use few  components  with best result in sound 8) .this is not easy ?also working on  studio equipments  like tube mixer .or tube mic preamp .we need good transformers.... .expensive tubes good resistors and cap .high quality pot s .how we can use cheap pots?

In some designs, the degenerative (negative) feedback caused by the cathode resistor may be desirable. In this case, all or a portion of the cathode resistance is not bypassed by a capacitor.
but  i can not sey  my circuit has 2 feedback . :-\

hooman said:
In some designs, the degenerative (negative) feedback caused by the cathode resistor may be desirable. In this case, all or a portion of the cathode resistance is not bypassed by a capacitor.
but  i can not sey  my circuit has 2 feedback . :-\

So are you saying some kinds of NFB are OK and others  are not?

Your preamp circuit definitely has NFB in both stages. The cathode follower has 100% NFB.

I guess that means it is not hi-fi or high end

So why don't you post a schematic of a really hi-fi preamp with no NFB at all?

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
So are you saying some kinds of NFB are OK and others  are not?

Your preamp circuit definitely has NFB in both stages. The cathode follower has 100% NFB.

I guess that means it is not hi-fi or high end

So why don't you post a schematic of a really hi-fi preamp with no NFB at all?

Cheers

Ian

high end in hifi is special way to receive magic sound of tubes. frome material of box to connector ...pot ..all.and simple design .....but  best answer to signal .
who buy a  hifi preamp with 17 k  ?who ?
you can call this circuit is not high end .yes ...it is not high end on paper.
shindo was skill on tubes sound .there is no schematic ....and i used  inside pictures of  shindo amps for make f2a se amp///6v6 and el84 push pull .high end design by ken sun.

ken use penthod tube  in triod mod .this is good for hifi  in last point of preamps.
he select this penthods.pentods are good in mic gain circuit .like ef804s...ef86...6j7 :D
hifi preamp  design is not simple .most of user of hifi never use preamp .because they  cant find  any good preamps .

hooman said:
high end in hifi is special way to receive magic sound of tubes. frome material of box to connector ...pot ..all.and simple design .....but  best answer to signal .
This is completely untrue. High end in hi-fi is a special way to extract large sums of money from fools. There is no shortage of fools.

Cheers

Ian

blog(http://iranaudiotube.blogfa.com/) . 8) insta ...officail.tubetechnics....i am tube lover .working on hifi .... studio  mic preamps and mixers  .... guitar amps .

now iam 58 .not young .i have 5000  of  hifi tubes .all nos .for working on hifi need tubes .

Attachments

• hooman-3.jpg
    hooman-3.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 39

when  i was young ...people used  big hi fi set in their hose  ... big  speaker...3way and 4 way .technics build one of best  amp ever made  with low distortion.  .caset was analog record .during these years sound was very  good ..
....mini hifi  coming . :(

Attachments

• hoomn-1.jpg
    hoomn-1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 21
I don't think he's a troll. Clearly English isn't his first language which might be making people think he's a troll. He seems to have a passion for tubes and hifi. Not sure this is the right forum for him. Unless he's shows off one of those tube mic preamps he just mentioned.

I am on a DIY homebrew audio group on FB. Maybe that would be a better place for his stuff.

this picture shows last my mic preamp . this pre amp use circuit of redd47 . ef86  in mic gain and .... think all gentleman ere know abut redd47 pre amp .my phantom power is discrete circuit whit good stability voltage .use similac 2 cap s.usa made vintage switch.ef86 frome tele funken and e88cc german made .like other used pcb .all transformer winding by my self.  order mu metal core ...for output chock is  50%.

Attachments

• mic pre amp 3.jpg
    mic pre amp 3.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 44

ef804s telefunken .use for mic preamp and phono .my laptop shows groupdiy .
i have 100 ef86 nos .
200 siemens and valvo  pcc88...2000 gram of mu metal .its better show you .

Attachments

• tube-1.jpg
    tube-1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 34

yes this my mu metal cores iam skills in transformer winding .very good job for old people like me  :) in this forum cj  shier  transformer data  to all  around the world .thanks to cj

Attachments

• metal core1.jpg
    metal core1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 33

i build 3 time ba2 rca mic preamp .very rich .

Attachments

• ba2-parts.jpg
    ba2-parts.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 32
Back