High end tube pre amp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ricardus said:
I don't think he's a troll. Clearly English isn't his first language which might be making people think he's a troll. He seems to have a passion for tubes and hifi. Not sure this is the right forum for him. Unless he's shows off one of those tube mic preamps he just mentioned.

I am on a DIY homebrew audio group on FB. Maybe that would be a better place for his stuff.

thanks i am member of famous audio diy since 8 years .please search by hooman name .
.. i am here for studio technical discussion. please see my  first post about tube mixer....  last year  .  why no bady knows  ?

i think audio circuit with tubes can be very beter.i decided to show this item .all diyer in inter net believe their  tube projets  has  good sound .all.. :mad: after 10  years i can made good  sound ...really good sound from small signal tubes in simple circuit .i follow shindo in audio technical .

Sad news for music lovers and audiophiles. Tube legend Ken Shindo died on January 22, 2014, at the age of 74 after a short illness.

Shindo laboratory was founded in 1977 by Ken Shindo in Tokyo and won cult following and  reputation among the owners and connoisseurs of its components. Ken Shindo combined historical knowledge with his skills. Shindo-san created equipment that allow an extremely intense, emotional access to music, that was far from any technical discussion.

Mono & Stereo send condolences to his family and friends.

:( I'm sure no one is searching

Sadly, Ken Shindo passed away in 2014, but his wife Harumi, sons Takashi, and Yoshinobu have taken the reins, and continue the work, which is being built on with great success. Halpern and Rotunda met the elder Shindo in 2005. “He was very private… a man of few words. When he said something it was always very poignant, and had a lot of impact,” Halpern said. “Sometimes you had to think about what he said for a long time. Sometimes it took years to recognize what he was really trying to convey.” According to Halpern, he didn’t get to know Ken Shindo as much as he liked, and he’s still looking to know more, adding that he explores him through his products, and what he was able to express emotionally through those products.
Shindo-5.jpg

ruffrecords said:
This is completely untrue. High end in hi-fi is a special way to extract large sums of money from fools. There is no shortage of fools.

Cheers

Ian

unbelievable... ?we are tube lovers .why insults me? i am not  hifi dealer.i am not taking abut money  for expensive ac power cord  ....i am taking abut how any technical in audio  can reach best sound of tubes . and target is no pay more money ...do it yourself.... this is not money from fools.

hooman said:
unbelievable... ?we are tube lovers .why insults me? i am not  hifi dealer.i am not taking abut money  for expensive ac power cord  ....i am taking abut how any technical in audio  can reach best sound of tubes . and target is no pay more money ...do it yourself.... this is not money from fools.
No insult was intended. I was just stating well known facts about 'high end hi-fi'

It was you posted a picture of a very expensive hi-fi amp and said "no pcb .....ground wire is  important .high end in tube geer is not just name .not more money.it is very vrey special .

It was you who posted a schematic with an expensive PIO output capacitor. It was you who said NFB is not desirable but showed a schematic with two stages each with NFB.

Expensive PIO capacitors and no NFB are both high end hi-fi myths. If you want to talk professional quality design with commonly available components that's fine.

Cheers

Ian

hooman said:
“He was very private… a man of few words. When he said something it was always very poignant, and had a lot of impact,” Halpern said. “Sometimes you had to think about what he said for a long time. Sometimes it took years to recognize what he was really trying to convey.”
So, he was some kind of Jedi?  ;D

ruffrecords said:
No insult was intended. I was just stating well known facts about 'high end hi-fi'

It was you posted a picture of a very expensive hi-fi amp and said "no pcb .....ground wire is  important .high end in tube geer is not just name .not more money.it is very vrey special .

It was you who posted a schematic with an expensive PIO output capacitor. It was you who said NFB is not desirable but showed a schematic with two stages each with NFB.

Expensive PIO capacitors and no NFB are both high end hi-fi myths. If you want to talk professional quality design with commonly available components that's fine.

Cheers

Ian

i am sure we cant find like you ...a  man with good history in studio audio circuit . i read your posts  ...and learn something new . why redd 47 was born in uk ?why best record ...thanks to uk engineer... thanks to feed back  lins in redd47 .this circuit shows how  feedback can be all of our philosophy design for signal .never never said  abut  nfb is not professional  use of disin metod .  when i studid on shindo as japanis famous designer...i receive to f2a cortese  .i tried to build it . :)this is one of best ever made se amp in hifi  world .
f2a cortese amp in one word=local nfb.....i tried  to change with another driver circuit ...so many changes ...just original shindo circuit can be high end in  sound  :D  yes  hi end .this technical .
shindo  use sweden opt  .shindo order to lundahl his special custom transformer .just single layer in 8 ohm opt :eek:...
in this amp we cant see classic tube rectifier ...no oil caps ....
no telefunken expensive driver  tubes like  tel 12ax7. ::)
just art of design .art  in sound not high end .nobody before used nfb like shindo .cascode with cheap jan philips 6aw8.
any way..
when i start to build  this hifi preamp i tried to use nfb first .everything was good expect  output sound  :-[

my f2a 

10 watt in any channel .no hiss not hum .amazing sound  in bass  :eek: some says tubes in se  can not make bass .see this ....sory listen to this amp .
i tested with scope and spectrum...simple and prefect .

Attachments

• f2a hooman.jpg
    f2a hooman.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 34
hooman said:
some says tubes in se  can not make bass
Why wouldn't they. people who say that are ignorant. The transformer is what limits the low frequency response. Since there is DC current in a SE amp, it is difficult/expensive to make a good SE transformer that goes deep down, but it is feasible. No doubt.

i tested with scope and spectrum...
Is it really enough to assess the performance of an amp? (rhetorical question).

Hi Hooman,
you may have already noticed, but if you haven’t, the participants of this forum are more oriented towards creating and recording music and less quality listening to what they do. So your ideas will find a lot of criticism here, but that’s not the only reason. Unfortunately, here people are mostly engaged in copying (and sometimes selling) existing designs, and there are very few who try to cross such limits (one bottle preamp, PRR compressor, Rochey, Gus projects, ..) Of course in such an environment, the use of expensive silver -gold-PIO capacitors and nonsense gold plated RF connectors are completely allowed (Drip) and no one criticizes it, but it is not allowed in any listening preamplifier. Nor the use of unusual obsolete tubes (imagine a heresy where someone would use obsolete EF36 or EF40 in a REDD47 preamp instead of the proven quality and reliable EF86 of Chinese or Russian production on the DIY forum). EF804s is not allowed either, don't even think about using it.
And of course, you have to be a professional for someone to take you seriously, even if there are at least 90% amateurs here, when you talk about whether to use local or global NFB.
I like your blog, (as far as I could figure out using Google Translate), (I use a power amplifier based on Siemens F2a :), and I think this world would be a much nicer place if there were more people like you. Just keep going.
Best regards and stay safe,

abbey road d enfer said:
Why wouldn't they. people who say that are ignorant. The transformer is what limits the low frequency response. Since there is DC current in a SE amp, it is difficult/expensive to make a good SE transformer that goes deep down, but it is feasible. No doubt.
Is it really enough to assess the performance of an amp? (rhetorical question).

thanks  :)  yes  correct  ...but some believe  tubes not in low frequency like ss amps. :'(  for the first one i tested f2a ....with  my friend who trust to ss amp ........speaker was vintage kef  and amp qude ss ....opt in f2a  hand made and not so big .but double coil winding on c core . base in f2a was deep and beautiful...my friend bring another famous ss amp as fast  ;D ....  but f2a winner by good point .
we have  most famous  opt  Manufacturer  in  japan  .but shindo find  his opt  in  sweden.

moamps said:
Hi Hooman,
you may have already noticed, but if you haven’t, the participants of this forum are more oriented towards creating and recording music and less quality listening to what they do. So your ideas will find a lot of criticism here, but that’s not the only reason. Unfortunately, here people are mostly engaged in copying (and sometimes selling) existing designs, and there are very few who try to cross such limits (one bottle preamp, PRR compressor, Rochey, Gus projects, ..) Of course in such an environment, the use of expensive silver -gold-PIO capacitors and nonsense gold plated RF connectors are completely allowed (Drip) and no one criticizes it, but it is not allowed in any listening preamplifier. Nor the use of unusual obsolete tubes (imagine a heresy where someone would use obsolete EF36 or EF40 in a REDD47 preamp instead of the proven quality and reliable EF86 of Chinese or Russian production on the DIY forum). EF804s is not allowed either, don't even think about using it.
And of course, you have to be a professional for someone to take you seriously, even if there are at least 90% amateurs here, when you talk about whether to use local or global NFB.
I like your blog, (as far as I could figure out using Google Translate), (I use a power amplifier based on Siemens F2a :), and I think this world would be a much nicer place if there were more people like you. Just keep going.
Best regards and stay safe,

thanks .. so many good explain ad advise to me .
when i  was born ....my father was  tube  transmitter technician in army .he repaired  radio for people and we have  so many  tubes in home. sound in old radio was noisy .
during that time tubes wear useless electronic component to me .My father died and the  The tubes were left out.
today i think tubes are alive . :)
i believe we should work hard on our project for best result .it is possible.enjoy with live music . 

moamps said:
(I use a power amplifier based on Siemens F2a :)

good ... :) 
i have 80 of f2a  tubes .f2a sound .....something between  dht and normal penthod .never seen ..... sorry I never heard.

Latest posts

Back