The Vaccine

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this excuse for not recording vaccinations on a computer based system at best suspicious
I'm absolutely sure there is someone in another room entering the data (by law) from the paper into a computer linked to the California Immunization Registry, where all immunizations are tracked.
This is the one for CA covid - I'm sure all US states have them, and probably most other countries.

http://cairweb.org/covid/

Participating vaccinators must:
  1.  Report COVID-19 doses administered within 24 hrs of administration to your local immunization registry (IIS) (e.g. CAIR2, Healthy Futures, or SDIR)

2.  Report COVID-19 doses in inventory daily to the VaccineFinder website.

3.  Submit race and ethnicity information for every vaccinated patient.

It makes sense that it is much faster to have people fill out their info on paper and get their shot, then have it entered later, rather than have a line waiting to be processed at a terminal. I suppose they could set up a bunch of kiosks, but waiting for that to happen is more time and expense.

edit: Oh, and it's always good to have a paper trail so one group can't be accused by another of "stealing the vaccination" or "vaccination fraud."

My neighbour who is 76 had the call to get his jab. Fair enough. But then his wife who is 71 and generally fit also got the call. Then there is me, 70, classed as clinically extremely vulnerable and I have not had the call yet. Or is the surgery just doing it alphabetically? Their surname starts with a C and mine with a T.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
My neighbour who is 76 had the call to get his jab. Fair enough. But then his wife who is 71 and generally fit also got the call. Then there is me, 70, classed as clinically extremely vulnerable and I have not had the call yet. Or is the surgery just doing it alphabetically? Their surname starts with a C and mine with a T.

Cheers

Ian
My state health department advises that we need to make appointments to get vaccinated, but not to bother until mid Feb when they expect the next shipment of vaccine doses.

I suspect the squeaky wheel will get oiled first, but I haven't started squeaking yet.

JR

ruffrecords said:

Cheers

Ian
My wife is 72, has multiple high risk medical co-morbidities, on the list since last week but not appointed yet. Now the local age limit has just been dropped to >65 - I will be pissed if I see that healthy 65 year olds are being vaccinated before she is. Go figure. I think some of the local decision makers are probably peter-principled.

JohnRoberts said:
The advice I've seen is use the monoclonal antibody early in the course of treatment to completely avoid hospitalization
JR
Doesn't really belong in the vaccine thread, but since it's been discussed here, here's another link.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/why-a-drug-therapy-that-could-ease-record-covid-hospitalizations-has-gone-largely-unused/ar-BB1cMgB4?ocid=bingcovid

It's really unclear to me why it's not being used, except that it's to avoid future serious disease and death, and needs to be given when the patient is still feeling well. With the potential risks that need to be explained to the patient for "informed consent", many are probably not likely to accept  it, thinking they'll be one of the majority that don't get very sick.

I managed to get my parents booked in for the vaccine next week, my dad is 93, my mum 87.   
I couldn't get appointments on the same day for them which is fine, I'll be taking them for the appointments myself. 
I was told to ask while there if there are any doses not accounted for in the batch they have on the day (it's happened apparently) and, if so, I'd possibly be able to get it at the same time.  I'm 54. 
I absolutely won't take a dose that a care-worker or 70+ person could have had before me, but if it's there for the taking in lieu of being wasted, fine.
Dates for the second jab appointment are currently 12 weeks after the first in my area, hopefully to ensure more folks get an initial jab. 

Sending good thoughts that all our older members manage to get appointments soon

Never done LSD as I always thought the fabric between sanity and insanity in my particular case might be a little flimsy.  'Shrooms made me puke!  But medical grade MDMA was nice.

My second wife was (is?) the daughter of Augustus Owsley Stanley III (Bear) so I've been around and am down with the scene.

Apparently I tried to give my guitar away to someone who looked like Jesus the next morning.

Squeaky said:
Apparently I tried to give my guitar away to someone who looked like Jesus the next morning.

Sounds like a splendid time was had by all :D

Was the show recorded at all? 

crazydoc said:
My wife is 72, has multiple high risk medical co-morbidities, on the list since last week but not appointed yet. Now the local age limit has just been dropped to >65 - I will be pissed if I see that healthy 65 year olds are being vaccinated before she is. Go figure. I think some of the local decision makers are probably peter-principled.

Perhaps they're just cautious?

23 people died in Norway, one day after vaccination.

https://legemiddelverket.no/nyheter/covid-19-vaccination-associated-with-deaths-in-elderly-people-who-are-frail

Winston O'Boogie said:

Sounds like a splendid time was had by all :D

Was the show recorded at all?

Not officially, at least as far as I am aware. I know there were some photos taken. We somehow snagged the headline spot so the crowd was primed and was really digging us (they would have been digging anything I believe). We had some mad North Queensland mates who might well have been in touch with Augustus. I bet he was at the festival!

I also remember jamming with a band, the next morning, who reminded me a lot of Pink Floyd from their "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" days.

We were also up there (North Queensland), would you believe, for the final of the Queensland battle of the bands (we didn't win).

Apologies for the thread derailing. Back to vaccines and the like.

Winston O'Boogie said:
I managed to get my parents booked in for the vaccine next week, my dad is 93, my mum 87.   
I couldn't get appointments on the same day for them which is fine, I'll be taking them for the appointments myself. 
I was told to ask while there if there are any doses not accounted for in the batch they have on the day (it's happened apparently) and, if so, I'd possibly be able to get it at the same time.  I'm 54. 
I absolutely won't take a dose that a care-worker or 70+ person could have had before me, but if it's there for the taking in lieu of being wasted, fine.
apparently the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine vendor is slightly overfilling the vials with extra doses or extra fractions of a dose. It seems logical to use these extra doses, or combine extra fractions into full doses. 
Dates for the second jab appointment are currently 12 weeks after the first in my area, hopefully to ensure more folks get an initial jab. 
the recommended delay for pfizer's second dose is 21 days or more, Moderna is 28 days, but just getting the first shot provides partial immunity. If short of vaccine that might be a quicker path to herd immunity.

It is unclear from the news coverage what the the actual critical constraints are. By the end of the year I expect we will have vaccine doses coming out of our ears, and we will be able to get jabbed at the corner drug store.

JR
Sending good thoughts that all our older members manage to get appointments soon

JohnRoberts said:
apparently the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine vendor is slightly overfilling the vials with extra doses or extra fractions of a dose. It seems logical to use these extra doses, or combine extra fractions into full doses. 

Ah right, that makes sense.  I think that's exactly what the lady on the phone here was trying to say.

JohnRoberts said:
the recommended delay for pfizer's second dose is 21 days or more, Moderna is 28 days, but just getting the first shot provides partial immunity. If short of vaccine that might be a quicker path to herd immunity.

Yep, there have been some concerns here over the 12 weeks between jabs, but from what I understand, most of the immunity will be provided with the first dose.

Anyway, good luck with getting your shot as soon as possible in February, be the squeaky wheel if you have to.

I read somewhere that the longer time between doses might confer longer lasting immunity, if that turns out to be a concern. Of course, the touted 95% efficacy might not be reached.

BTW, the molecule on the shirt is caffeine. LSD, weed, morning glory seeds and iboga were interesting trips, and nicotine was an addiction, but nothing I've done for many, many years.

Tonight my woman asked me if she should take the vaccine...I was closer to saying yes than no. Those who passed away from covid would undoubtedly say yes!

analag said:
Tonight my woman asked me if she should take the vaccine...I was closer to saying yes than no. Those who passed away from covid would undoubtedly say yes!
Those who passed away probably aren't voicing opinions any more.

I trust that the drug industry is trying to save lives, but they are not charities, so wouldn't mind a recurring revenue stream (annual shots).

JR

I take full responsibillity for the thread derailment  :D 
Was an interesting trip down memory lane all the same  , thanks for sharing .

I was buzzed by a barn owl one time while on shrooms , I looked right in its face and it let out a blood curdling screech as it passed over my head  ::) 

I read a third covid variant has emerged in Brazil , chance or co-incidence it was the third country to be involved in the Oxford/Astra trial , time may tell .

Attachments

• Barn owl.jpg
    Barn owl.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back