Is it possible to add more pointing modes to U87 like this?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winner

I want to add more modes to U87 based on the directivity schematic of U89. Although they look similar, I’m not sure if this is possible.
This is the schematic I redrawn

Attachments

• schematic_1.jpg
    schematic_1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 37
This is the original U89 schematic
Thanks everyone for your help :) :)

Attachments

• U89_schematic.jpg
    U89_schematic.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 39
Technically, that's the U87A schematic. But sure, I don't see why not. You'll notice that, despite that they're not used, the bias voltage generator still also contains the parts for the lower voltages as well. All you need is a 5-6 position switch.

Khron said:
Technically, that's the U87A schematic. But sure, I don't see why not. You'll notice that, despite that they're not used, the bias voltage generator still also contains the parts for the lower voltages as well. All you need is a 5-6 position switch.
Thank you for your patient answer. In my opinion, the two schematic diagrams have different capsules, and the schematic diagram of U89 has an extra resistor with R1 resistance value of 1G. I don’t understand the connection between them and the working principle , Sorry, I have so many questions

Perhaps you're overthinking this?

Attachments

• u87_schematic__01.jpg
    u87_schematic__01.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Back