Shalco 600 ohms as a T-pad?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmozart

Hi,

I have these two Shalco 600/600 attenuators. Can I use them as T-pads, and how to wire them? Sorry for my limited knowledge,... 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• Shalco600.jpg
    Shalco600.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 13
Those are probably ladders, given the cue position.  Measure it and report back. 

EmRR said:
Those are probably ladders, given the cue position.  Measure it and report back.

soo..
C to In or C to Out measures 600KOhm?!?!
IN to OUT Fully CCW 1.2 KOhm
In to OUT Fully CW 300 Ohm

I'm I measuring right?

Do I got screwed?  I supposed to have 600/600 OHMS attenuators! ...

Thank You!

Kosta

The Cue position is from broadcast use, normally turn the pot full anticlockwise and it will connect to In. I still think you are overthinking this, so tell us exactly what you want to use them for.

I want to use them for my 1176 Hairball Audio Compressors, Input pot. the blue ones, Bourns I have now are VERY inconsistent and jumpy,...

Thanks,

Kosta

In that case, just put them in and get back to making music! I have made switchable T pads for that position, but I used Elma switches and they were expensive.

kmozart said:
I want to use them for my 1176 Hairball Audio Compressors, Input pot. the blue ones, Bourns I have now are VERY inconsistent and jumpy,...

Thanks,

Kosta

T or ladder both will work.  If it's a T, when turned all the way up, will measure as open from in or out to C.  If it's a ladder it will measure something in the 400-700 range.  If it's set to Cue it will be disconnected from everything but input. 

Might be stereo, but prob not, most of the American have two sets of parallel lugs like that.  I have only see a few stereo in that format. 

Where the pot is turned will affect how it measures, but, those measurements look most like a ladder that is open to common, which should not be, unless it's in cue position possibly. 

Latest posts

Back