Trump's Martial Law

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iturnknobs

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-touted-imposing-martial-law-to-overturn-election-reports-2020-12

Allegedly, Trump floated the idea of using martial law to overturn the election. I will be the first person to pick up their gun. WTF is going on in this country? Stand tall, Republicans.

edit: Election integrity, HA! Trump is committing treason and his sheeple stand by in the name of money and racism.

allegedly?

===
reportedly President Trumps top general in the middle east just met with Taliban leaders to try to stop the surging violence there. This violence is making it harder to pull out US troops with another significant troop reduction scheduled for next month.

President elect Biden has endorsed the troop reduction but suggested keeping a small force there.

JR

I always pictured martial law as a drama on the tv. A karate expert solves crimes and when he catches the perpetrator, uses a karate kick to take them down followed by some pun or ancient wisdom from the Far East. 

living sounds said:
Come on guys, you can do better than those total non sequitor answers to what would have been totally shocking news at most other times.
Well, I could be arrested if I posted  my thoughts about this. so no comment.

crazydoc said:
Well, I could be arrested if I posted  my thoughts about this. so no comment.
And JR always gets his dander up when I refer to Trump's followers as suckers, marks, or useful idiots, so I should probably refrain as well. 

living sounds said:
Come on guys, you can do better than those total non sequitor answers to what would have been totally shocking news at most other times.
news or here-say?

OK here's something to chew on.

Hunter Biden has been under DOJ investigation for years. It is the nature of serious investigations to not go public while still accumulating evidence, only after they have enough evidence to file indictments do they go public. 

AG Barr one of the very few adults left in DC, stuck to proper practices and declined to dump the Durham investigation findings (delayed by covid) just before the election, because it could (would?) impact the vote outcome.

Likewise despite evidence of Hunter's business dealings being made public by an actual laptop Hunter abandoned in a repair shop, and confirmation from one of Hunters US business partners that the emails were real, the DOJ remained sotto voce to avoid interfering with the election. An honorable discipline that FBI director Comey clearly didn't believe in or practice.

We need more Barrs and less Comeys in government. AG Barr will be missed but I don't blame him for tapping out of this scrum, he served in two administrations with distinction. 

Of course the swamp dwellers mis-characterized the Hunter Biden investigation as Russian disinformation.  Who actually believes that BS? A partisan mainstream media, pretended that the investigation didn't even exist, and/or was russian disinformation. To reinforce the partisan media world view some 50 former intelligence officials signed a letter suggesting that the Hunter Biden story was russian disinformation. I think that letter should be investigated as obvious disinformation to influence an election. 

Maybe the FBI needs to question those 50 to see who's songbook they were singing from.

===

Regarding the martial law screed,,, get over it. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually said it, but there is a huge difference between things that President Trump says in passing, and what he actually does.

He is still pursuing his few remaining legal options to challenge the unconstitutional pre-election voting rules changes. I am not sure that even he believes he will reverse the electoral college decision (that the left now apparently likes).

Vote integrity is important, and I applaud chasing all the snakes out of the woodpile even if it doesn't change the outcome. Of course he needs to be careful to not hurt republican turnout in GA. I expect it will take years to get all those snakes out. There is inflammatory rhetoric coming from both the far left and the far right, suggesting gun violence may be an option (it isn't). Military veterans, hunters, and most of my neighbors find it amusing to hear some people say "they will be first to pick up their guns". My neighbors generally keep one rifle loaded and standing next to the door... my door gun is a pellet air rifle but it has been lethal to a number of squirrels in my yard over last few years.   

JR

PS: then we have a democratic congressmen on the intelligence committee literally in bed with a Chinese spi (honey pot). The most plausible explanation for him not being flushed already is he must be cooperating with the US intelligence community feeding false information to China, but I think that horse has left the barn. Apparently Swalwell has already unfriended fang fang on Facebook. Can't make this stuff up.

PPS: don't want to get my dander up...

JohnRoberts said:
news or here-say?

OK here's something to chew on.

Hunter Biden has been under DOJ investigation for years. It is the nature of serious investigations to not go public while still accumulating evidence, only after they have enough evidence to file indictments do they go public. 

AG Barr one of the very few adults left in DC, stuck to proper practices and declined to dump the Durham investigation findings (delayed by covid) just before the election, because it could (would?) impact the vote outcome.

Likewise despite evidence of Hunter's business dealings being made public by an actual laptop Hunter abandoned in a repair shop, and confirmation from one of Hunters US business partners that the emails were real, the DOJ remained sotto voce to avoid interfering with the election. An honorable discipline that FBI director Comey clearly didn't believe in or practice.

We need more Barrs and less Comeys in government. AG Barr will be missed but I don't blame him for tapping out of this scrum, he served in two administrations with distinction. 

Of course the swamp dwellers mis-characterized the Hunter Biden investigation as Russian disinformation.  Who actually believes that BS? A partisan mainstream media, pretended that the investigation didn't even exist, and/or was russian disinformation. To reinforce the partisan media world view some 50 former intelligence officials signed a letter suggesting that the Hunter Biden story was russian disinformation. I think that letter should be investigated as obvious disinformation to influence an election. 

Maybe the FBI needs to question those 50 to see who's songbook they were singing from.

===

Regarding the martial law screed,,, get over it. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually said it, but there is a huge difference between things that President Trump says in passing, and what he actually does.

He is still pursuing his few remaining legal options to challenge the unconstitutional pre-election voting rules changes. I am not sure that even he believes he will reverse the electoral college decision (that the left now apparently likes).

Vote integrity is important, and I applaud chasing all the snakes out of the woodpile even if it doesn't change the outcome. Of course he needs to be careful to not hurt republican turnout in GA. I expect it will take years to get all those snakes out. There is inflammatory rhetoric coming from both the far left and the far right, suggesting gun violence may be an option (it isn't). Military veterans, hunters, and most of my neighbors find it amusing to hear some people say "they will be first to pick up their guns". My neighbors generally keep one rifle loaded and standing next to the door... my door gun is a pellet air rifle but it has been lethal to a number of squirrels in my yard over last few years.   

JR

PS: then we have a democratic congressmen on the intelligence committee literally in bed with a Chinese spi (honey pot). The most plausible explanation for him not being flushed already is he must be cooperating with the US intelligence community feeding false information to China, but I think that horse has left the barn. Apparently Swalwell has already unfriended fang fang on Facebook. Can't make this stuff up.

There’s an obvious affinity for Barr in this writing.

Hunter has not been indicted as far as I’m aware. Why do we know he’s under investigation in the first place if Barr has kept everything under wraps like a good FBI guy as being claimed? Why not simply indict without a statement and let the media do whatever they do?

Comey made an absolutely terrible decision. I don’t see how anyone can turn such a blind-eye toward Barr on his just as terrible of decisions while criticizing Comey’s.

By the way, why isn’t Barr dumping the Durham findings before he leaves office in a few days; if all he was doing was holding onto them before the election per proper protocol? In fact, if it’s so damaging, wouldn’t that be the first thing Trump would try to get Barr to release after the election? It seems Barr would have been game! That would have been much much more efficient and effective than these endless mockery lawsuits brought about by slimeball lawyers with anecdotal evidence by very looney witnesses.

I don’t understand how anyone could thinks Trump is doing anything with his endless failed lawsuits and even applauding it. That’s not all that efficient for chasing those snakes for the sake of voter integrity; not that it matters because its not as if any kind of good intention were really ever part of it.

As for Trump’s endless dumb comments that we supposedly shouldn’t care about because it’s far from him actually doing it, I’m guessing he puts these things out there to see how it’s received. If enough of the yes men and women in the administration, his supporters in Congress for the sake of party, and for the sake of the party media friends (whose followers will go with anything they say) react well enough, I believe he’s crazy-enough to be capable of anything when it comes to money and power. That’s why it can’t just be let go. He also knows some of his base are crazy-enough themselves to believe anything and may take some crazy-actions themselves. He can sit back and let everyone else around him act and take any potential consequences.

Non sequitors and the same old excuse that 'Trump doesn't mean what he says'.

It's easy to imagine the kind of media you are consuming, and it obviously clouds your thinking. I cannot state it any milder, sorry.

Recording Engineer said:
As for Trump’s endless dumb comments that we supposedly shouldn’t care about because it’s far from him actually doing it, I’m guessing he puts these things out there to see how it’s received. If enough of the yes men and women in the administration, his supporters in Congress for the sake of party, and for the sake of the party media friends (whose followers will go with anything they say) react well enough, I believe he’s crazy-enough to be capable of anything when it comes to money and power. That’s why it can’t just be let go. He also knows some of his base are crazy-enough themselves to believe anything and may take some crazy-actions themselves. He can sit back and let everyone else around him act and take any potential consequences.

Pretty much spot-on.  With the added twist that Trump seems addicted to being in front of adoring crowds, and that seems tailor-made for authoritarian appeals.  He learns to say what stirs the crowd up, and the crowd filters down to the people who would have been enthusiastic Nazis.  This stuff happens again and again throughout history. 

The only saving grace, this time, seems to be that facism is only a hobby for Trump.  His true calling is grift, which is why he's still putting out these ridiculous lawsuits - it's so he can fundraise on them.

Voting integrity is important... extreme fringe blah, blah, blah....

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sidney-powell-special-counsel-trump-election_n_5fde93ecc5b6a7df6664fb15

Wow. People on the right literally storm capitol buildings and surround politicians homes while armed over mask mandates and fair voting and it's OK. People on the right have executed protesters in the streets with weapons of war and there is complicit silence and even support... silence is cooperation. Someone on the left says that they're prepared to defend our fair voting system from a nut-job like Trump from overturning the election with martial law and all of a sudden it's dismissed as crazy talk. At least the head spokesperson for our army said that the United States military will not be used to determine the outcome of our election(finally, some f*cking sanity in this insane world). Not sure where all that garbage in the previous post came from, but at least know that the word "I" is repeated over and over in "RedState" articles, meaning that that is "Op-Ed" and not actually news. Maybe their writer "Sister Toldjah"(she's caucasian, for the record) can further inform those who root for the bad guy in professional wrestling. Here's another spoiler, Santa Clause is not real... this "snowflake" has more than one by the backdoor and doesn't politically identify with profane flags flown outside of his house. Laugh away.

JohnRoberts said:
Vote integrity is important, and I applaud chasing all the snakes out of the woodpile even if it doesn't change the outcome.

So does "vote integrity" mean making baseless accusations against companies that make election hardware and software?  Fox News and Newsmax have been running in-depth retractions of claims against Smartmatic and Dominion after those two threatened legal action regarding the lies and spurious attacks against them coming from those two "news" networks. 

I have a hard time seeing how false attacks=ensuring "vote integrity." 

I have a hard time seeing how 50-odd failed legal cases--most of which were all but laughed out of court--does anything to ensure "vote integrity." 

In fact, I have a hard time seeing how any of these supposed efforts to ensure vote integrity have anything to do with achieving that end.

iturnknobs said:
Voting integrity is important... extreme fringe blah, blah, blah....

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sidney-powell-special-counsel-trump-election_n_5fde93ecc5b6a7df6664fb15

Wow. People on the right literally storm capitol buildings and surround politicians homes while armed over mask mandates and fair voting and it's OK. People on the right have executed protesters in the streets with weapons of war and there is complicit silence and even support... silence is cooperation...

...like I said... it's like I'm a crystal ball...

https://deadline.com/2020/12/armed-protesters-enter-oregon-state-capitol-building-assault-police-chemical-agent-1234660385/

iturnknobs said:
...like I said... it's like I'm a crystal ball...

https://deadline.com/2020/12/armed-protesters-enter-oregon-state-capitol-building-assault-police-chemical-agent-1234660385/
*crickets*
...gee, I wonder why...this keeps happening...over and over and over and over and over. I can only thank Republicans for silencing Republicans these days. It would be nice if they would start actually telling the people they stand with to stop making the party look dumb... Freedom! 'Murica.

Insert Here: But Antifa. But BLM. But the radical-left. Plenty of condemnation there. Not a peep of condemning the topic at hand. Only party-line talking-point complaints the everyone on the left are hypocrites while being one themself because they refuse to look in the mirror.

Could do the same for the left, but that’s not the topic at hand.

Where do we go from here?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/28/media/new-york-post-donald-trump-editorial/index.html
JohnRoberts said:
news or here-say?

...Can't make this stuff up...

Vote integrity is important, and I applaud chasing all the snakes out of the woodpile even if it doesn't change the outcome.

JR

No, you can't make this stuff up... but those on the right do, anyway. Don't get your dander up, even the right-wing "crap-rag", The New York Post has told Trump on the FRONT PAGE that the game is over. Maybe our Republican politicians should take note before attempting to commit treason... the snakes have been chased out of the woodpile by your own party. Listen.

Back