Nashville Explosion

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott2000

Some are saying it was intentional....??

Pretty big one...I think there were only a few injuries but idk....

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2020/12/25/downtown-nashville-explosion-christmas/4044635001/

Very much intentional and very strange. It seems the RV was emitting some sort of audio warning message telling those in the area to evacuate. Thankful that the first responders and EOD folks were quick to do the door-to-door checks. A lot of theories point to some sort of activism—e.g. responses to supposed AT&T telecom spying, proposed re-openings of the bars and honky-tonks on Broadway and 2nd. I hate that someone would do such a thing, but on Christmas no less. I'm just thankful there are no reports of deaths yet.

strange indeed.... glad they were able to evacuate people.

Most bombs don't give an audible warning. 

JR

[edit] if this was a TV show/movie they'd be defeating alarm systems (AT&T switching center) to rob some banks or whatever. /edit]

I read there was a warning paper stuck to the van. It read "explosion in 15 minutes".

Only three lightly wounded. Clearly there was an effort to cause no victims, only damage. That's also why it exploded at 06:30 in the morning.

And clearly not an accident. Too much damage.

horrible but the silver lining is no one died. One police officer may have permanent hearing loss.

The video of the damage and detonation is pretty graphic.  I wonder what was used to cause such a boom. 

It seems a little too neat that this Nashville explosion was an isolated suicide bomber, who blew himself up in the process (computer scientist/consultant).

Who knows, besides him...?

JR

JohnRoberts said:
It seems a little too neat that this Nashville explosion was an isolated suicide bomber, who blew himself up in the process (computer scientist/consultant).
I think there was a guy on the grassy knoll too.

Back