u47 type long vs short body

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salomonander

Hey there,
maybe this topic has been discussed already, but i could not find a thread. Decided to build myself a u47 and im trying to research if there is any impact on sound with the short body vs long version.
Ive read contradicting opinions. Some say it doesnt matter at all, others point towards the heat buildup in the short version and suggest a change in sound as a result. Im very intersted  in your opinions. Cheers

Oh, and if anyone compared A. Grossers fet vf14 with the phaedrus one, id be very keen on feedback as well.

For DIY, I can’t imagine anything to care about from a sound-perspective.

Last I was aware, you can’t buy just the Grosser version by itself (have to send mic and all), so I think you’ll find next to no one has compared. Someone please report if that has changed.

Where can you buy long bodies? All I've seen is short. Not sure there will be much sound difference, but I would choose long if possible,  easier and more options when working in a roomier housing.

john12ax7 said:
Where can you buy long bodies? All I've seen is short. Not sure there will be much sound difference, but I would choose long if possible,  easier and more options when working in a roomier housing.

Fleas has basically every possible option. If you write them directly they are pretty cheap here in the eu.

Anyone know how to buy a Neumann k49 capsule in the eu? On the Sennheiser page its listed as a discontinued - as all classic capsules.

Latest posts

Back