modern replacement part or strategy for 80-series Neve pushbutton switches

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapfoot

Hey, just wondering if anyone has ever wholesale replaced those switches (like for the quad bus assigns, etc)--whether a compatible current-production part exists, or whether there's some kind of retrofit. Speaking of the 8058/8068/8078 era of desks.

We'd be open to many different options, up to and including modification. Any leads?

Ah, I had no idea! I've just dealt with them recently, very great folks

EDIT: Looks like they've got lots of rotary switches and pots for Neve stuff (including rotary switch/pot combinatinos) which is great, but I wasn't able to find that they have the pushbutton bus assign switches

soapfoot said:
Ah, I had no idea! I've just dealt with them recently, very great folks

EDIT: Looks like they've got lots of rotary switches and pots for Neve stuff (including rotary switch/pot combinatinos) which is great, but I wasn't able to find that they have the pushbutton bus assign switches
They do  not list them specifically but I think they do have them. I am sure I read it somewhere on their web site.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
They do  not list them specifically but I think they do have them. I am sure I read it somewhere on their web site.

Cheers

Ian

Excellent, I’ll reach out to Brett first thing tomorrow!

There was a company in the UK called Stanler that stocked Dialistat and Isostat switches.  I bought some Neve switches from them years ago.

Stanler was taken over by this company which still lists those switches:

http://www.pandpelectronics.co.uk/switches/switchframe.html

Bri

Brian Roth said:
There was a company in the UK called Stanler that stocked Dialistat and Isostat switches.  I bought some Neve switches from them years ago.

Stanler was taken over by this company which still lists those switches:

http://www.pandpelectronics.co.uk/switches/switchframe.html

Bri

Excellent, thanks Brian!

I've been speaking with Brett over at Blore-Edwards and he asked me to send him a shopping list. We'll see what he comes back with

Latest posts

Back