Emi rs168.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I have seen a lot of rs(insert number here) notes over the years.

Can anyone tell me what RS stood for? I get the numbers are for different units or updates to a unit but I never knew what RS was short for if anything.

Recording Studio as best as I've been told.

Where have you seen an RS.168?  they're quite rare.

Note "TG" as in TG12345 etc., was simply the initials of the first 2 words in the EMI parent company name: The Gramophone Company 

Here's a screen shot from the just released preview of Peter Jackson's 'Get Back', there's a prototype RS.168 on top of the Fairchild 660 in the top middle of the pic:

Attachments

• Get Back RS.168.png
    Get Back RS.168.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
Winston O'Boogie said:
Recording Studio as best as I've been told.

Where have you seen an RS.168?  they're quite rare.

Note "TG" as in TG12345 etc., was simply the initials of the first 2 words in the EMI parent company name: The Gramophone Company

there is an rs168 on a facebook post.  it may even be for sale. I dare not ask the price but yeah rs168.
I do have a few RS notes in the archives, including  several redd notes.  I never new the RS and recording studio makes the most sense.
I did know about the TG and I do know redd.

here is the unit that started this thread.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 53
pucho812 said:
Looks like the seller may be asking over 10k for this.  Too rich for my blood by 10k.

It might be worth $10K+ as an artifact for a museum or collection, but not as an audio tool to be used. 
But the same could probably be said about most gear that's coveted and talked about here and elsewhere. 

Thanks again :)

Winston O'Boogie said:
It might be worth $10K+ as an artifact for a museum or collection, but not as an audio tool to be used. 
But the same could probably be said about most gear that's coveted and talked about here and elsewhere. 

Thanks again :)

I agree. the prices of some of the tools we covet are rather over the top.

For sure.
The rarest piece of TG equipment I own is a TG Mk I
It's a nice bit of kit. 
Unfortunately, it's not a piece of audio gear but a World War II marching compass. 

It has TG Co. embossed in the bakelite case though so I've got that going for me  :D

Winston O'Boogie said:
For sure.
The rarest piece of TG equipment I own is a TG Mk I
It's a nice bit of kit. 
Unfortunately, it's not a piece of audio gear but a World War II marching compass. 

It has TG Co. embossed in the bakelite case though so I've got that going for me  :D

that is Fab.

Latest posts

Back