• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hammond Spring Reverb

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigmorris74

GDIY Supporter
Want to give away this old Hammond Spring Reverb.  It's large-about 3 foot long.  I think this is one of the first spring reverbs ever made.  I thought it would make a cool project, but I never got around to it.

You can have it if you pay shipping and your in the Continental US, which won't be cheap because of it's size.

Attachments

• hammond spring.png
    hammond spring.png
    571.2 KB · Views: 94
craigmorris74 said:
Want to give away this old Hammond Spring Reverb.  It's large-about 3 foot long.  I think this is one of the first spring reverbs ever made.  I thought it would make a cool project, but I never got around to it.

You can have it if you pay shipping and your in the Continental US, which won't be cheap because of it's size.
Wow! Any historic background on this piece?

Hi Craig, can you please post more photos of this device? I find it very interesting and I am curious how it is built in detail. Thanks a lot! Cheers

iampoor1 said:
These are from DR-20 Tone cabinets. Late 40s I believe.

I think that's right.  There's a "44" band written on the pickup, which I guessed meant 1944.  Several of the brass columns are supposed to be filled either mineral oil to dampen the springs.I

I'll post more pics tomorrow if a get the chance.

Also, not to hijack this thread, but I just found the Hammond preamp and power amp (they are seperate) for this in my storage unit. I removed them from a dr40. If this is of any interest to anyone PM me. Okay sorry for the thread hijack  ;D

Wow,
this looks pretty awesome.

So is this from an organ?

Hammond-organ-tone-cabinet-HR-40-_57.jpg

There is a "locking" mechanism which will help from destroying the voice coil in shipping... make sure you lock it down before you send it off!

I have three of these and have had success hooking them up through a Radial Tank Driver. They are VERY long and a little boingy.... each one I have is considerably different... all unique and cool in their own way.

That one looks a little rusty... hopefully its still working!

EB

Back