• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - Knowles bt-1759 or equivalent (Crown Pzm element)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vintagelove

Hello, longshot here but seeing if anyone has a knowles bt-1759 laying around. I have a crown PZM that needs a new capsule. An equivalent would be fine as well. Below is the data sheet.

Thanks and have a great day.

Attachments

• Knowles_Acoustics-BT-21759-000-datasheet.pdf
    211.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I remember we had to fix one of those Crown PZM mics some years ago, and our studio manager at the time ordered the replacement capsule directly from Crown.
You can do the same.

Crown now is part of the Harman Group, as AKG is, so all the Crown PZM and PCC mics were rebranded AKG.
I was able to buy last year many replacement parts for different AKG mics and was able to order them from my countries AKG Professional division distributor, so I’m sure you will be able to order that capsule also. You just need to check which AKG PZM mic model is equivalent to the Crown mic you have

I remember we had to fix one of those Crown PZM mics some years ago, and our studio manager at the time ordered the replacement capsule directly from Crown.
You can do the same.

Crown now is part of the Harman Group, as AKG is, so all the Crown PZM and PCC mics were rebranded AKG.
I was able to buy last year many replacement parts for different AKG mics and was able to order them from my countries AKG Professional division distributor, so I’m sure you will be able to order that capsule also. You just need to check which AKG PZM mic model is equivalent to the Crown mic you have
Hmmm… I had contacted Crown and they couldn’t help me. However, I had not considered seeing if they had a similar akg offering.

It’s a rather small element unfortunately. Last I looked I had a tough time finding one that fit. I’ll have to revisit that project one of these days. Thanks

Hmmm… I had contacted Crown and they couldn’t help me. However, I had not considered seeing if they had a similar akg offering.

It’s a rather small element unfortunately. Last I looked I had a tough time finding one that fit. I’ll have to revisit that project one of these days. Thanks
I may have something for you. PM sent.

Latest posts

Back