Rode K2 Rear Capsule not working

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austinkane1

Hi all I received a Rode K2 from a friend and the rear capsule isn't working. That is there is no change in the rear capsule's output regardless of where the pattern select is on the the power supply, the front capsule does change slightly and as expected (and sounds great). I attempted replacing the capsule with a Dachman Audio C12 clone and have the same issue, I reversed the wiring of the dachman and confirmed both capsules are working.

Does anyone know what the voltages are suppose to be on the mic cable and what the pinout corresponds to? I haven't been able to locate any schematics for the power supply, and only a hand drawn version of the mic's circuit.

Any suggestions of what to try next? I'm talented at soldering and following directions but I'm still very much learning troubleshooting and engineering.

Cold / broken solder joint, or faulty resistor(s) in the rear diaphragm polarization circuit?

Khron said:
Cold / broken solder joint, or faulty resistor(s) in the rear diaphragm polarization circuit?

That's kinda what I'm thinking but I'm not sure what part of the circuit that is, the labelling is vague on the PCB's and I'm still at an electronics 101 level when it comes to following a circuit, especially without schematics.

Ricardus said:
So it's basically always in Omni?

It's basically always in Cardioid, the front capsule has a slightly narrower pickup pattern when I change it to figure 8 on the power supply, as it should. but at no point when sweeping from omni to figure 8 does the rear capsule pass sound. As I said in my original post, I tested the capsule and both sides are functional, so it's something to do with the circuitry in the K2

Latest posts

Back