Internecine feud

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hodad

"Internecine" is a cool word--I liked it long before I actually knew what it meant:

“To all the Republicans who have not been willing to actually fight, the people who did nothing to stop the steal, this gathering should send a message to them. This isn’t their Republican Party anymore. This is Donald Trump‘s Republican Party,” Trump Jr. said.

Lovely.  The fascist wing of the GOP is at war with the fascism-curious wing of the GOP.  I hope there's no bloodshed, but I'm without sympathy for either side. 

hodad said:
"Internecine" is a cool word--I liked it long before I actually knew what it meant:

“To all the Republicans who have not been willing to actually fight, the people who did nothing to stop the steal, this gathering should send a message to them. This isn’t their Republican Party anymore. This is Donald Trump‘s Republican Party,” Trump Jr. said.

Lovely.  The fascist wing of the GOP is at war with the fascism-curious wing of the GOP.  I hope there's no bloodshed, but I'm without sympathy for either side.

They're also at war with the few resonable people remaining, like Mitt Romney. Let's hope they cancel each other out.

What's white privilege?  White privilege is when the cops don't fire bullets--rubber or lead--when you riot at the nation's Capitol Building. 

Trump protestors have stormed the Capital building, and are trying to break into the main chamber of the House.  Apparently DC and Capital police have guns drawn in the Senate.  The Capital has been locken down, and Congress has been evacuated via underground tunnels.

I'm confident our right-leaning posters will be here shortly to explain how they are equally upset about this as they were about George Floyd protests earlier this summer in Los Angeles and Oregon.

hodad said:
What's white privilege?  White privilege is when the cops don't fire bullets--rubber or lead--when you riot at the nation's Capitol Building.

News is reporting someone, a women, was shot today by a cop while at the Capitol during today’s crazy.  :(

JohnRoberts said:
do you have some good stock picks... ?

JR

It's not "nice" to be "cute" when you should have been talking your "brethren" down off the ledge as I have been saying is/was the responsibility of Republicans who know these people and associate with them in real life. Shame.

iturnknobs said:
It's not "nice" to be "cute" when you should have been talking your "brethren" down off the ledge as I have been saying is/was the responsibility of Republicans who know these people and associate with them in real life. Shame.
No, shame on you for trying to tar an entire group with the bad behavior of a few but that is business as usual these days for social justice cancel culture warriors.

"Cute" is predicting civil disorder while self-describing as a member of a group like antifa "(I am Antifa)". Of course I shouldn't tar you with the bad behavior of other antifa caught on newsreel videos rioting and destroying property. 

None of my brethren are up on any ledge. I dropped into the TV news briefly to see what all the drama is about and caught part of a twitter recording from the blowhard in chief calling for peaceful order and respect for the police in DC.

Peace out...

JR

JohnRoberts said:
"Cute" is predicting civil disorder while self-describing as a member of a group like antifa "(I am Antifa)". Of course I shouldn't tar you with the bad behavior of other antifa caught on newsreel videos rioting and destroying property.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hawley-says-antifa-scumbags-threatened-his-family-at-their-home-in-dc

Here's "antifa" banging on the door of one of today's events instigators. Can you f*cking believe they lit candles. MY GOD.

Your party JUST OVERTOOK THE CAPITOL BUILDING. Keep 'em coming.

JohnRoberts said:
No, shame on you for trying to tar an entire group with the bad behavior of a few
JR

Your righteous outrage is duly noted.  I'll file it right next to your apology for voting for and supporting Trump, as soon as you care to tender it.

EDIT:  It's worth noting that your beloved Cindy Hyde Smith is one of the tiny handful of senators still supporting Trump's delusional election fraud fantasies.  I'll be waiting for you to start a recall petition against her. 

House Democrats called on the VP to use the 25th amendment.

I just watched Trumps video announcement. I agree. They should put him in a home. In peace. In the Napoleon wing where he belongs. Because he's mental. And not safe for any office.

Pence's chief of staff, Marc Short, is being denied access to the White House.  (apparently this was confirmed by Short himself.)  Melania's COS and the WH social secretary quit today.  At least one source says Matthew Pottinger is gone, and rumors are flying about other resignations by people in key posts.  Soon it'll just be Trumpie at his desk mumbling to himself about "the strawberries." 

The West Wing staffer told the friend that White House Counsel Pat Cipollone was urging White House officials not to speak to Trump or enable his coup attempt in any way, so they could reduce the chance they could be prosecuted for treason under the Sedition Act. “They’re being told to stay away from Trump,” the friend said. The White House declined to comment.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/01/after-a-day-of-violence-and-25th-amendment-chatter-trumps-allies-jumping-ship

Well, this changes everything ;D  ;D  Apparently, the WSJ editorial page has declared that Trump should resign or be impeached.  I've always considered WSJ's editorial staff to be somewhere between very conservative & crazy conservative, so it's kind of intereting to hear this from them.

Back