The enemys of democracy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
living sounds said:
Unbelievable what is currently happening at the Capitol.

Yes, unbelievable. I saw a documentary about the American Civil War in the last few days. The prelude to this slaughter was similar.
What's going on, where is all this hatred coming from?

rock soderstrom said:
Yes, unbelievable. I saw a documentary about the American Civil War in the last few days. The prelude to this slaughter was similar.
What's going on, where is all this hatred coming from?

The hatred is coming from several sources who benefit from stirring the pot... the dangerous shift has been dehumanizing people you don't agree with.... ignorant can be educated, but evil must be destroyed. When we stop talking only violence is left.

I remain optimistic that we are very far from civil war (who are the two sides? ). More likely anarchists are taking advantage of useful fools to create disruption and chaos.

Remember to wash your hands, wear a mask, and social distance.

JR 

JohnRoberts said:
The hatred is coming from several sources who benefit from stirring the pot... the dangerous shift has been dehumanizing people you don't agree with.... ignorant can be educated, but evil must be destroyed.

We all know who the Demonizer-in-Chief is...

JohnRoberts said:
The hatred is coming from several sources who benefit from stirring the pot..

You're talking about that guy you voted for, right?  And his minions?  Just asking, because I didn't see anybody on the left stirring this particular pot of sh!t.

I never thought I would see news like today. It's an incredible failure that these right wing nutjobs were able to take the US Capital.
The Pentagon has refused to send the National Guard because Trump's authority was needed.
Trump has been pushing for a mob protest at the Capital on twitter.  This came directly from Trump and his supporters.
Rudy Guilliani told the crowd this morning "trial by combat"
Trump told them "we are going to have to fight much harder"
Trump has refused to speak out against this when he has a room next to the oval office with cameras ready.

This is a coup attempt by Republican supporters.
Supporting Trump has been an attack on the USA. Today is an attempted coup with Trump's tacit support. Traitors to the country trying to overthrow the government by force.

hodad said:
You're talking about that guy you voted for, right?  And his minions?  Just asking, because I didn't see anybody on the left stirring this particular pot of sh!t.

U.S. society has become extremely polarized. I hope that "normal" people, regardless of party or ethnicity, will not allow themselves to be played off against each other by the extremes of the left and right. In such a conflict, there are always at least two sides involved, each with their own agenda, The healing of this wound is called compromise...

pucho812 said:
Never underestimate Americans in Groups to do stupid things
yup...  The capitol police are quite competent but probably instructed to not shoot protestors. Of course the capitol police are armed and dangerous unlike the national guard, that only shoot unarmed college students, like at Kent state (sorry showing my age).

The DC mayor already called in the national Guard but they probably don't have jurisdiction inside the capitol, mainly for crowd control.

I may have to turn on the news but it has been pretty unpleasant recently, and you guys provide enough of a play by play. 

JR

"We love you, you're special... Go home in peace"
That is Trump's message to a mob storming and occupying the US Capital

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

I've been told by anonymous sources that POTUS-draft-dodger was getting ready to go down to the Capitol to tell the anarchists to leave immediately, but his bone spurs had flared up and he had to cancel.

The curse of the serial promiscuous philanderer   
and they originally blamed Columbus for bringing the clap to Europe until older spured skeletons were dna tested  ;D

rock soderstrom said:
U.S. society has become extremely polarized. I hope that "normal" people, regardless of party or ethnicity, will not allow themselves to be played off against each other by the extremes of the left and right. In such a conflict, there are always at least two sides involved, each with their own agenda, The healing of this wound is called compromise...
I thought that losing the popular vote by 3.5 million and conceding to an electoral college loss in 2016 was compromise. I'm not sure what happened today.

edit: ...and watching the incumbent lose again by 7+ million and ask for compromise along side an electoral win... Unacceptable. Law and order. Lifetime sentences for anyone in the Capitol building premises today.

pucho812 said:
Never underestimate Americans in Groups to do stupid things

A bit of an understatement... That sounds more like the grumpy senior talking about kids these days. Would it take them having guns to get more of a reaction? Didn’t in Michigan. How about a kid-napping plot? Still no. Where’s the line while very loudly condemning BLM and antifa? Maybe a bomb? I suspect that’s next. Luckily, the FBI is very successful at quietly and diligently doing their job; even if the president  thinks they’re only after him.

Recording Engineer said:
A bit of an understatement... That sounds more like the grumpy senior talking about kids these days. Would it take them having guns to get more of a reaction? Didn’t in Michigan. How about a kid-napping plot? Still no. Where’s the line while very loudly condemning BLM and antifa? Maybe a bomb? I suspect that’s next. Luckily, the FBI is very successful at quietly and diligently doing their job; even if the president  thinks they’re only after him.

Where is the line? I know people who were in DC today. The protest was peaceful until it wasn't seems to follow a pattern in the modern era.  they start off legal then go unhinged. There is circulating evidence to suggest that those who managed to get into the capitol were not part of the same protests in favor of trump but were actually BLM and Antifa activist. there is photo evidence of the same people at BLM and antifa events  and also storming the capitol. If it's true what does that tell us? More over  for 4 years people were told how they don't matter, how they don't belong. Democrat senators and representatives  told their flocks to get in peoples faces, make a scene and so on. It was only a matter of time before you push people to the point they decided to push back.  Now that the Dems have what they want, lets hope the do some good, but I doubt that will happen considering they just gave 10 million to Pakistan for gender studies. 

pucho812 said:
There is circulating evidence to suggest that those who managed to get into the capitol were not part of the same protests in favor of trump but were actually BLM and Antifa activist.

Lies.  Did you know this is false?  At least one of the so-called antifa infiltrators was in fact a well known QAnon idiot and rabid Trump supporter.  Please do not bring this garbage onto the forum.

In fact, the subject of Burns’ and Trump’s suspicion was a well-known Trump supporter and vocal proponent of the QAnon conspiracy theory — Jake Angeli, known as QAnon Shaman. Angeli often appears in the unique outfit he wore Wednesday.

(EDIT:  It's worth noting that some of the bad actors in BLM protests--the so-called "umbrella man" comes to mind--were in fact right wing agitators.  Somehow it's not surprising to hear the right accuse antifa of doing the same.)

Good that some folks who invaded the Capitol were stupid enough to shot videos with their phones...

Back