The enemys of democracy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hodad said:
Lies.  Did you know this is false?  At least one of the so-called antifa infiltrators was in fact a well known QAnon idiot and rabid Trump supporter.  Please do not bring this garbage onto the forum.

dude, there is no proof it was false. 

There’s no proof it’s true either. Did you get that from newsmax or oann? Or some Qanon discussion group?

Much like the rigged election. 60 court cases dismissed, many by Trump appointed judges. Sounds like you’re a supporter of the infidels that attacked democracy today. Turns out Hillary was right about “deplorables”. I saw a bunch of them on TV today. Disgusting.

Can anyone imagine what the outcome would have been if those rioters had been black?

pucho812 said:
dude, there is no proof it was false.

Well, I presented proof that at least one of the supposed infiltrators was, in fact, a QAnon Trumpist.  Show me any evidence that one of those people was antifa.  Any hard evidence you got.

I won't hold my breath.

AusTex64 said:
There’s no proof it’s true either. Did you get that from newsmax or oann? Or some Qanon discussion group?

Much like the rigged election. 60 court cases dismissed, many by Trump appointed judges. Sounds like you’re a supporter of the infidels that attacked democracy today. Turns out Hillary was right about “deplorables”. I saw a bunch of them on TV today. Disgusting.

Can anyone imagine what the outcome would have been if those rioters had been black?

actually I got photos from people who went.  and believe it or not there were some POC there. But more over, I am not surprised by any of the actions that went on today.  people were pushed for 4 years
lets go over some of the great quotes of the last 4 years See if we can guess who said what

1. "Protesters should not let up" - KH

2. "There needs to be unrest in the streets" - AP( no not the associated press)

3. "If you see anybody from that cabinet in a restaurant , in a department store, at a gas station, you go out and create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they are not welcome anymore, anywhere" - MW

4. "I just don't know why there aren't uprisings all over this country. Maybe there will be" - NP

as for dismissed cases yes there were 60 of them.  Some for legit reasons others for things like it's too late.      my silver lining to it all  is the pendulum will swing back in the other direction. I have seen that happen in my lifetime here on earth.  I can only hope that the Dems deliver something good and not give 10 million to Pakistan for gender studies. oh wait too late. Try again. oh well.  But the best part I see is how we all have fallen into the us vs us when it should be us vs them.  We elected them lets hope they do some good.

Scodiddly said:
I really don't want to hear any "both sides" BS.  Only one side was carrying guns and invading the Capitol.

No doubt, for the events yesterday only Trump and his supporters bear full responsibility.

In the long run, the whole thing is just a continuation of the extreme division of your society. This polarization was also the reason that someone like Trump was elected in the first place. Such a blatant development always requires two sides. This will not end with Trump either; the visible problems have deeper causes.

Despite all the understandable anger, the solution to the situation is to approach each other and compromise, which is what makes a functioning democracy.

Hate, on both sides, is a bad advisor and will lead directly to a terrible disaster.

I honesty was. I know now there seems to only be extremism. No need for any more benefit of doubt discussion and can just write it off, since it appears it doesn’t exist. If there’s ever any hypocrisy found, let me know.

Recording Engineer said:
I honesty was. I know now there seems to only be extremism. No need for any more benefit of doubt discussion and can just write it off, since it appears it doesn’t exist. If there’s ever any hypocrisy found, let me know.

extreme sarcasm and jokes usually.  but o.k. 

Sure, it's always the other side's fault. Dude, I cannot help you. And I have to excercise some serious self restraint writing here.

I would encourage you to try to overcome some of the confirmation bias and seek out better sources of information than what you are currently feeding on. But I don't think that is going to happen. It's up to you.

And just one more thing: If you still do not or don't want to understand that

-BLM is a reaction against the systemic violence and injustice your country has subjected upon its black and brown citizens for years, decades, centuries,

-and if you are unable to notice the difference between the treatment of them and those rioters at the Capitol

...I won't question only your judgement...

Here's one more chance (comparison of the police reaction to BLM and MAGA insurrectionists):

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/06/capitol-mob-police-trump-george-floyd-protests-photos

AusTex64 said:

....Sounds like you’re a supporter of the infidels that attacked democracy today.

Agreed... Sounds like? HA!

Damn, guys - you really scared me for a moment there! You really need to start taking your democracy a bit more seriously - this was a waaay closer call than I like to think of. And don't tell me that you don't understand how authoritarian takeovers work.

Please.

/Jakob E.

gyraf said:
And don't tell me that you don't understand how authoritarian takeovers work.
Please.
/Jakob E.

Don't underestimate the idiocy of the American people, or the effectiveness of decades of right-wing brainwashing. 

pucho812 said:
actually I got photos from people who went. 

I can name names of right wing lunatics who were involved.  You haven't shown jack. 
Richard Barnett of Gravette, Ark
35-year-old Ashli Babbitt  (sorry she got shot, but she was QAnon-believing idiot.)
Republican Derrick Evans, a West Virginia delegate. 
Nick Ochs,  self-described Proud Boy "Elder."
Tim Gionet, internet racist.

Come back with facts if you want to play this game. 

gyraf said:
Damn, guys - you really scared me for a moment there! You really need to start taking your democracy a bit more seriously - this was a waaay closer call than I like to think of. And don't tell me that you don't understand how authoritarian takeovers work.

Please.

/Jakob E.
I do not think it was remotely a close call, but clearly mismanaged by the capitol police. They arrested 128 people for unlawful protests inside the Hart (senate) office after Kavanaugh was approved in 2018. This drama should not have been a surprise.

They have video, and reportedly the majority of these idiots were not even wearing masks, so ID them, arrest them and deal with them within the system (but maybe not catch and release).

The blowhard in chief is channeling his inner Hillary and still claiming he won. There is no question that the deck was stacked against him, with numerous examples of unfairness, but that horse has left the barn so time to move on.

Reportedly he has stated he will pursue an orderly transition of power. Maybe now more people will appreciate the merit of the electoral college, and wisdom of our founders. Our entire system is designed to provide an orderly transfer of power, and it looks like it is working once again.

The blowhard in chief will lose his megaphone soon enough. His bloviating about "his" election, did not help the critical senate race in GA, likely resulting in a reversal of his economic legacy that could have been somewhat preserved by a divided congress. By now even he should understand that words have consequences.

Time to heal, please.......

JR

JohnRoberts said:
likely resulting in a reversal of his economic legacy

JR

You're still a true believer.  Trump's economic legacy:  he rode Obama's economic legacy, and then he fed it with a sugar high created by tax cuts to the rich.  National debt has increased to insane levels, and he did nothing to shore up our decaying infrastructure or the fundamentals of the economy. 

Great stuff. 

Trump, and the majority of Republicans, are directly to blame for what happened. 
Autocratic leaders (and in particular, Trump given his special level or narcissisms) thrive on their followers using violence in their name.
Peaceful protest and working across ideological divides to find solutions to real problems is possible - but only if that is the goal. 
Clearly, Trump is not looking for real solutions to any social problems in the USA - he's more focused on creating problems or making things worse.
He had his chance. 
The people have spoken.

We have 71 million people that still voted for Trump in the recent election. Even before yesterday there was overwhelming disqualifying evidence of his character, yet people still support him. 
I thought Trump would be removed last night. It's amazing what the right-wing is able to do with little to no consequences (storm and occupy the US Capital with hardly any arrests???) They've worked the refs for decades and even after a coup attempt you hear people saying 'both sides' are to blame 

I'm trying to imagine a 'reasonable' Republican today looking at the news, after 4 years of laughing at the 'blowhard in chief', laughing at liberals getting upset and 'hysterical', laughing how the media takes everything Trump says literally,  but finally to realize Trump actually encouraged a mob of his supporters to attack the US Congress while in session, storm and occupy the US Capital, and then to actually conspire and support the coup attempt, by refusing to send National Guard assistance, and only posting a video hours later with a sympathetic tone to the mob. 
How would it feel this morning to think you are a patriotic American, but somehow supported a traitor to the country that attempted a takeover by violent mob?
We all know human psychology and the investment into your team, but it must be hitting some of his supporters pretty hard this morning. I think there will be a lot of public walkbacks of Trump support as people try to salvage their reputations and self-respect. 
But a lot will retreat further into a safe space echo chamber, like facebook, and read ridiculous right wing 'news' stories.

Latest posts

Back