Woke in pro audio....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abbey road d enfer said:
Would you launch a site with a name like audiodildo or sexgear and expect it to operate without abuse?

How about audiosex.pro?

Seems to work fine  8)

abbey road d enfer said:
Would you launch a site with a name like audiodildo or sexgear and expect it to operate without abuse?

No... I’d prob choose a more serious boring name...

I wouldn't be offended, but not very tempted to be part of it, when many others would, in the expectation of salacity. When they have subscribed, would you shatter their illusions and lose them, or give them free reins?

Well, once you’re in it I think you have to stick to your original plan, otherwise then anytime anyone is unhappy about anything you have to change it...

These days it seems everyone is offended by whatever strikes them in the moment... I think it’s mostly just fragile people looking to take their insecurities out on something.  If the info on the forum has value for you who cares what it’s called?  If not then why bother participating?  Not that any of this matters, I’d be beyond shocked if anyone but a couple people really care about the name...

Typical GS, Jules Standen the founder, posts his view about the petition and promptly closes the thread but gets 31 likes.

According to his post, Jules 'joined' GS in 2002. Is that when it started?

Cheers

Ian

abbey road d enfer said:
I wouldn't be offended, but not very tempted to be part of it, when many others would, in the expectation of salacity. When they have subscribed, would you shatter their illusions and lose them, or give them free reins?

I wouldn’t launch a website with that name to begin with. But it never bothered me and I never participated there. I read one or two things here and there thinking I might find something useful. I did a few times.

But no matter the name is getting changed.  Never mind that the same members will still be there and the dude will still be at the helm.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdfEqLukkU4&fbclid=IwAR1CU7JdHGndDmp_MRtI5qGSab5gKNs48OWH4IGLBwwTxMpsv2arGzD5WT4

Wow, I didn't think that would work. But looking at all the sponsoring and advertising at the site it's clear that the primary goal is making money, and since the name is more of a drag in multiple ways they clearly think they will do better without it...

living sounds said:
Wow, I didn't think that would work. But looking at all the sponsoring and advertising at the site it's clear that the primary goal is making money, and since the name is more of a drag in multiple ways they clearly think they will do better without it...

I am certain money was the only motivating factor

::) 

Like the Chemical Brothers used to say in their most memorable song "Hey Boys, Hey Girls, Superstar DJ's, Here we go!", this time I'll just sit back and watch....

Latest posts

Back