EQP1A Standard Test Procedure

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'm just looking for a logical approach to testing my latest build, which is an EQP1A. 
My first pass is not to validate the wide range of EQ settings, but to check some baseline performance metrics.

Something like this?

Input  a .775 volt, 1khz sine wave (preferably @600ohms)

Measure the output under the following conditions:

• Bypassed : output should be in the range of <value> volts with 1khz sine on output
  • With <knobs> in <some> position output should be <volts>

dbonin said:
I guess I'm just looking for a logical approach to testing my latest build, which is an EQP1A. 
My first pass is not to validate the wide range of EQ settings, but to check some baseline performance metrics.

Something like this?

Input  a .775 volt, 1khz sine wave (preferably @600ohms)

Measure the output under the following conditions:

• Bypassed : output should be in the range of <value> volts with 1khz sine on output
  • With <knobs> in <some> position output should be <volts>

A basic first test should be done with the EQ bypassed as this should establish if there is any overall gain and the baseline frequency response. The engage the EQ and keep the controls in the flat position and measure the frequency response again. it should be pretty much the same. You could also measure the distortion at various levels and frequencies to make sure the gain make up amp is behaving.

Cheers

ian

Yes, EQ flat to confirm amp response.  Somewhere here I posted all the curves from an Analog Allstars EQP1S5 I have, they seem to match the published Pultec curves in the manual.  Have a look at that. 

Latest posts

Back