The score card

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crazydoc said:
Want to elucidate in detail for a dummy like me?

Not particularly. I would have guess the news reported on these things but nope to busy fawning over things like wearing Chuck Taylor shoes and other nonsense.

But  since you ask
The latest  negative mark was just announced. But hey not to worry orange man is off Twitter, glad that was important..
“ The HHS Thursday froze the former Trump administration’s December drug policy that requires community health centers to pass on all their insulin and epinephrine discount savings to patients,” Bloomberg Law reported Thursday. “Centers that don’t pass on the savings wouldn’t qualify for federal grants.”

“This freeze is part of the Biden administration’s large-scale effort announced this week that will scrutinize the Trump administration’s health policies,” the report noted. “If the previous administration’s policies raise ‘fact, law, or policy’ concerns, the Biden HHS will delay them and consult with the Office of Management and Budget about other actions.”

I guess your agenda is to show how Biden is taking things away from poor folks. I'm not going to get involved with arguments about this - whenever lawyers and politicians are involved all I can do is try to follow the money, and it's too complicated for me.

But adding a little more context to your quote:

From insulin to life-saving medical devices to last-ditch efforts to protect premature infants (including those from “live birth” abortions), multiple rules posted by the Health and Human Services Department in the final days of Donald Trump’s presidency are subject to a 60-day pause.

The halt on Trump-era rulemaking includes two controversial rules designed to curb high drug prices—one that changes the way pharmacy liaisons and drugmakers can pay each other and another that ties Medicare rates for expensive drugs to the prices paid in other countries.

A Wednesday memo circulated by White House Chief of Staff Ronald Klain said all rules, guidances, or other agency actions that didn’t take effect prior to noon that day—the official handover time from Trump to President Joe Biden—will be subject to review by the new administration before they can take effect. If the previous administration’s actions raise questions of “fact, law, or policy,” the designated officials now leading the agencies can further delay effective dates and consult with the Office of Management and Budget about other actions. The agencies can also open comment periods on those actions.

If there are no such questions, no further action is needed. The rule, proposal, or guidance can be considered active and effective, the memo said.

A regulatory pause is a common tradition among incoming presidents to ensure that the unfinished policies from the prior administration align with the new one. In many cases, there are no substantial disagreements among the two administrations and the policies can continue on their normal path. But the pause gives incoming officials a chance to weed out the actions that go against the current president’s stance.

The HHS issued a slew of rules and other announcements in the weeks leading up to Biden’s inauguration, including a substantial change to a Medicare payment model for expensive prescription drugs as late as Jan. 19.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/health-law-and-business/last-minute-flurry-of-health-rules-subject-to-biden-60-day-pause

crazydoc said:
I guess your agenda is to show how Biden is taking things away from poor folks.

not my agenda. just keeping score. so far it's not good. I am not surprised though that you and others will defend him. Maybe the unions will defend them after they lost their jobs to his decisions. I am sure it would seem much worse if the news actually treated him the same as they did others. In the last couple of days the hardest question thrown at his press secretary had to do with the mask mandate and Joe not following his own mask mandate.  Rather then address the issue of how he should be leading by example, she said we have more import things to talk about.  good job at deflecting.
I would break down all the EO's  but what's the point. We elected a clown I expect the circus.

pucho812 said:
not my agenda. just keeping score. so far it's not good.

Did you bother to read what crazydoc posted?  Did you see that this was a "pause" to make sure that the previous rules and actions --that have not gone into effect, by the way--are legal and in keeping with what Biden wants to do.  So if Trump signed a rule change or order that is not actually legal, should Biden be wasting time and our tax $$$ defending it in court?  If a rules change appears to be more of a handout to a particular industry than a beneficial policy, or if it's a good idea that can be implemented in a better fashion, should Biden be forced to implement it just because "Trump said so?" 

As you may have also noted if you read crazydoc's post, this type of "pause" is something that's been done by many incoming presidents in the past.  Were you howling when Trump did this, or W. Bush, or even Obama? 

Since Biden has yet to commit the egregious misstep of wearing a tan suit, I guess you have to find something to complain about.

hodad said:
Did you bother to read what crazydoc posted?  Did you see that this was a "pause" to make sure that the previous rules and actions --that have not gone into effect, by the way--are legal and in keeping with what Biden wants to do.  So if Trump signed a rule change or order that is not actually legal, should Biden be wasting time and our tax $$$ defending it in court?  If a rules change appears to be more of a handout to a particular industry than a beneficial policy, or if it's a good idea that can be implemented in a better fashion, should Biden be forced to implement it just because "Trump said so?" 

As you may have also noted if you read crazydoc's post, this type of "pause" is something that's been done by many incoming presidents in the past.  Were you howling when Trump did this, or W. Bush, or even Obama? 

Since Biden has yet to commit the egregious misstep of wearing a tan suit, I guess you have to find something to complain about.

I never cared about the suite. I was not shocked others did. But I am not surprised you would defend  bad action because your guy did it. I am sure the union is doing the same after  his xl pipeline eo.  But on well I got a whole lot of I told you so’s ready in a bag.

pucho812 said:
But on well I got a whole lot of I told you so’s ready in a bag.

So far there's not "I told you so"s needed.  Biden is doing pretty much what he said he'd do, and I'm not mad at all about it.  Elections, as they say, have consequences. 

I also think you continue to miss (or evade) the point that crazydoc made, and that I restated.

And if you think the jobs lost on the KXL pipeline is some kind of big deal, you haven't looked at unemployment numbers lately.  And all of that could easily be made up for with some clean-energy initiatives--just getting rid of Trump's 30% tariff on imported solar panels would likely be more than enough to offset it. 

hodad said:
So far there's not "I told you so"s needed.  Biden is doing pretty much what he said he'd do, and I'm not mad at all about it.  Elections, as they say, have consequences. 

I also think you continue to miss (or evade) the point that crazydoc made, and that I restated.

And if you think the jobs lost on the KXL pipeline is some kind of big deal, you haven't looked at unemployment numbers lately.  And all of that could easily be made up for with some clean-energy initiatives--just getting rid of Trump's 30% tariff on imported solar panels would likely be more than enough to offset it.

unemployment numbers, we can say Biden is doing a sh*t job.  ;D

But more on point the tariffs are necessary to even remotely have U.S. competitive in  the market place.  If you look at what was done before any tariffs, panels were just brought in because you can make them cheaper over seas.

pucho812 said:
I am not surprised though that you and others will defend him. Maybe the unions will defend them after they lost their jobs to his decisions.

The only reasons those jobs existed were because of Republican eo that ignored climate concerns and the will of the people for profit. Nothing done by eo should be viewed as permanent or stable.
https://www.nrdc.org/stories/what-keystone-pipeline
pucho812 said:
I am sure it would seem much worse if the news actually treated him the same as they did others...
Trump is a SCANDALOUS individual and Biden is not in comparison.
pucho812 said:
In the last couple of days the hardest question thrown at his press secretary had to do with the mask mandate and Joe not following his own mask mandate.
That's probably because Biden isn't a belligerent, egotistical sociopath that only operates in his best interest. I bet the next mask "gotcha" moment will be when he pulls it down to take a sip of coffee. Oooooo. SCANDALOUS.

Maybe we can revisit forest management while discussing the earth's busiest hurricane season in 2020.
pucho812 said:
We elected a clown I expect the circus.
...see attached circus images.

edit: My signature tag is outdated but the sentiment is not.

Attachments

• 010621-US-Capitol-Breach-2-Web-860x484.jpg
    010621-US-Capitol-Breach-2-Web-860x484.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 12
iturnknobs said:
The only reasons those jobs existed were because of Republican eo that ignored climate concerns and the will of the people for profit. Nothing done by eo should be viewed as permanent or stable.
https://www.nrdc.org/stories/what-keystone-pipelineTrump is a SCANDALOUS individual and Biden is not in comparison.That's probably because Biden isn't a belligerent, egotistical sociopath that only operates in his best interest. I bet the next mask "gotcha" moment will be when he pulls it down to take a sip of coffee. Oooooo. SCANDALOUS.

Maybe we can revisit forest management while discussing the earth's busiest hurricane season in 2020....see attached circus images.

edit: My signature tag is outdated but the sentiment is not.

It  was shown that we as a country were doing far better for the environment then the minimum standard in the Paris accord which we left. It was shown how the XL was less of an environmental issue the other means oil production. For example, we now are more dependent on trucks and trains and boats to get oil from point A to point B, something that has greater impact then the pipeline. We also managed to upset our neighbors to the north in the process.  Oh well the hits keep coming.   
Over the weekend, we put back in the travel bans and added a few more.    Can I call him a xenophobe for doing so?

pucho812 said:
  It was shown how the XL was less of an environmental issue the other means oil production.
You do  know that this pipeline was meant to transport tar sands oil, possibly the dirtiest, nastiest oil on the planet?  And still you want to claim the project is "environmentally friendly?" 

Tar sands oil is thicker, more acidic, and more corrosive than lighter conventional crude, and this ups the likelihood that a pipeline carrying it will leak. Indeed, one study found that between 2007 and 2010, pipelines moving tar sands oil in Midwestern states spilled three times more per mile than the U.S. national average for pipelines carrying conventional crude.

Yes, that is environmentally friendly, for sure.

pucho812 said:
It  was shown that we as a country were doing far better for the environment then the minimum standard in the Paris accord which we left.
...and then Trump started rolling back dozens of environmental protections. We could have been an example to the world, but instead said "Me First".
pucho812 said:
It was shown how the XL was less of an environmental issue the other means oil production. For example, we now are more dependent on trucks and trains and boats to get oil from point A to point B, something that has greater impact then the pipeline.
No, now we are AS DEPENDENT as we were prior to the pipeline being pushed through people's lands against their will... with profits not being shared with the people whose lands were taken and used(in many cases polluted) as a result of "increased efficiency".
[/quote]
pucho812 said:
We also managed to upset our neighbors to the north in the process.  Oh well the hits keep coming.   
I think you mean the EOs just keep coming. As I already pointlessly mentioned, EOs are temporary and not policy, hence not permanent. This project among many other pipelines have been riddled with TEMPORARY EOs which always have someone protecting their land and someone else taking it and keeping the profits(or even receiving corporate subsidies while doing so). We could invest in renewable energies, but why upset the lobbyists. I can tell you I have provided audio services for several big oil execs and it is sickening.
pucho812 said:
Over the weekend, we put back in the travel bans and added a few more.    Can I call him a xenophobe for doing so?
Xenophobe, no. Politician attempting responsibility, yes. I think you meant to say Biden ended the travel ban from many primarily Muslim countries. So what. Added a few more, yes, because he listens to scientists, not racists. In the "fake news" it would appear there are new strains in certain international areas that appear to be more resistant to current vaccines... but you can "chum the waters" by taking snippets of articles and creating propaganda.

"It was shown" - where? And by whom?

These kinds of "discussions" truly are pointless. There are those who won't believe the evidence, and the rest simply need to move on.

pucho812 said:
“This freeze is part of the Biden administration’s large-scale effort announced this week that will scrutinize the Trump administration’s health policies,” the report noted. “If the previous administration’s policies raise ‘fact, law, or policy’ concerns, the Biden HHS will delay them and consult with the Office of Management and Budget about other actions.”

STAAAAPH.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-nominates-alex-azar-eli-lilley-who-tripled-price-insulin-regulate-drug-companies-a8062886.html

hodad said:

It's not even a pause. Trump's policy has not been enacted yet. The right can't help themselves but to "chum the waters" with but a snippet of the real story. Here's a quote from this source, since those on the right will probably choose not to inform themselves:
"The Biden Administration paused it for 60 days to review it to see if they could expand it to a broader number of people and improve on the savings."
DIABOLICAL.
https://kenoshacountydems.org/kcdp-blog/republicans-falsely-claim-joe-biden-has-reversed-trump-rule-lowering-insulin-prices/

living sounds said:
"It was shown" - where? And by whom?

These kinds of "discussions" truly are pointless. There are those who won't believe the evidence, and the rest simply need to move on.

are you living here in CA, or in US

living sounds said:
We've got our own conspiracy right-wingers here in Germany. And I don't argue with those people on Facebook.  It's pointless, unfortunately.

I left Facebook in mid 2016 when family members went off the deep end and high school acquaintances started posting anti-muslim propaganda... the image post ed of a military person burning people of Muslim descent with a flamethrower was the "straw that broke the camel's back". Friends, HA! I just read the comments section of Breitbart articles to check the temperature of the idiots in this country. Stand tall, Republicans. March 4th is coming... and if it doesn't, maybe you can fire the Q-anon meteorologist who continually and improperly forecasts "the storm".

Latest posts

Back